Guess what, guess what, guess what, guess what?
The Mystery Thrift-Off is going to happen, that’s what!
Remember a few days ago, when I was talking about how I’ve always wanted to have a contest where I find some hilariously hopeless items at the thrift-store and send them to people, and those people then dig deep in their creative wells and (attempt to) create something fabulous with their mystery item?
Well, you guys were quick with positive feedback that you’d like to see it happen too. So I’m making it happen!
I’m probably way more excited about this than any one person should be. I spent like seventeen hours making that logo up there.
I’ve never done anything quite like this before, so we’re going to have to learn as we go. First of all, I’m going to need some participants. Are you interested in being in the inaugural Mystery Thrift-Off? Here’s how it will work:
- I will select several participants based on the survey below
- I will purchase the Mystery Items from my local thrift-store, and send one to each participant. (They will most likely be relatively small, easy-to-ship items. Sorry if you had your heart set on refinishing a 12-person dining set or something. Maybe next year).
- Participants will have a set period of time to transform their Mystery Item (hopefully for the better)!
- Participants will need to provide their own tools and supplies.
- Participants are expected to photograph the makeover process as well as the final result, and share those photographs with me.
- Participants are not required to have a blog, but must live in the USA.
- Winner will be chosen by reader votes, across several categories
Are you up for the challenge? Simply answer a few questions on my Mystery Thrift-Off survey to apply!
I’m not sure how many participants I will be selecting just yet. We’ll see how it all goes.
What’s a contest without a prize? I will of course provide a prize! But here’s an idea I also had: would you like to provide one too?
If you are an Etsy seller or small-business owner, etc., and would like to offer a prize/store credit/gift certificate for the contest, then let’s work it out! Great exposure and advertising for you and a wicked awesome batch of prizes for the participants, and everyone is happy, win-win-win. Email me at email@example.com and let’s chat.
Whew! I think that sums it up. Any questions?
I’m so excited!
Yay yay super yay!