You and me and the fridge makes three.

You and me and the fridge makes three.

I know a few people who have never used a microwave.  Don’t have one, don’t want one.  Likewise, many people forgo dishwashers and just do the dishes themselves.  (I am neither of those people, by the way.  I am intent on creating a home appliance robot army).

But what about a fridge?  Errbody uses those.  Dorm rooms, hotel rooms, some people even have an extra fridge in the garage! Since the fridge is such a big component in the home, literally, why not treat it like the member of the family it is, with its own little room? Suzan built a nice niche for her fridge, and now it takes up way less floor space and the flow of the kitchen is vastly improved. (Actually, everything was vastly improved in here).

See this and more (like her paneled kitchen ceiling!) on her blog Simply Vintageous.

Don't miss this updated black and white kitchen makeover at betterafter.net

Don't miss this updated black and white kitchen makeover at betterafter.netSee? It really is one of the family.

1. Ariela HvM
    August 11, 2014 / 2:38 PM

Pretty! The fridge totally needs more love! It keeps our food free from bacterial propagation!
    And Lindsey…you’re cute & hilarious. Errrbody uses a fridge. 😉

2. LeeAnn
    August 11, 2014 / 3:28 PM

I love this kitchen! From the fridge nook, to the floor, to the WHITE cabinets, and the gorgeous lights. Just stunning!

3. August 11, 2014 / 3:30 PM

So neat! And a cute niche for the microwave too! Love the pendant lights too.

Jealous here! We had a niche built for our fridge and I bought a fridge much larger than the niche…one side was removed to house the fridge and I hate it.
    Still ugly side of fridge showing. Yep. Have an extra fridge in the pantry and no cute niche for it. 🙁

4. August 11, 2014 / 4:02 PM

Thanks so much Lindsey – what an honor!!!
    XOXOXO

5. Katie
    August 11, 2014 / 4:07 PM

When I read the sign above the fridge, I read, “Mange!” As in a disease of the skin common to animals…Totally confused until I thought of Mange in Italian. As in Eat.

6. Chris
    August 11, 2014 / 4:38 PM

Yep, I was with Katie on the “mange” thing. Why celebrate skin diseases? Why in the kitchen? Yuck. 🙂 I did realize it meant eat though too. Just took a sec. (Maybe Bon Appetit would be better?)
    Super cute kitchen though! Love it.

7. August 11, 2014 / 6:14 PM

LMHO – I live in Montreal – which is predominately a French speaking city – so Mange ( a French word ) is very obvious to us – this is soooo funny – I can’t tell you how many of my followers – who are mostly American – thought it was MANGE the dog disease !!! I’m giggling my head off here !

8. August 11, 2014 / 7:39 PM

WOW

9. Jen
    August 28, 2014 / 4:50 PM

I love the makeover so much… but I’m still giggling over “MANGE!” I probably follow too many dog-rescue sites on Facebook.