Way Cool Dude

Way Cool Dude

At first, this may look like your standard buffet makeover.  Better After reader JoAnna found it for $10 at a yard sale, refinished the top, painted the body and changed out the hardware.  But wait … there’s … more.   Oh yeah, there’s more.  Are you ready?  Can you handle it?  Look closely and you might be able to tell …

Need a new and fresh idea for your patio? Check out this patio cooler makeover at betterafter.net

Boom! It’s a patio cooler! What!? I know!  Her cooler is cooler than your cooler. And it’s way cooler than my cooler, which we use so rarely, that one time we discovered a dirty diaper had been in there for several months.  I don’t even know. But we stopped using that cooler.

But pretend I never told you that story, and let’s look again at this awesome cooler:

***The Ugly Lamp contest is coming soon! Submit your original ugly lamp photo to enter! BetterAfter(at)live.com, subject line: Ugly Lamp. Deadline is August 15th. More info HERE.***

1. August 11, 2014 / 10:31 AM

Wow, that turned out really amazing!

2. Ashley
    August 11, 2014 / 11:31 AM

Whoa! There are no words! …well, there are a few: gorgeous, incredible, stunning, wowsers! BRILLIANT!!!

3. August 11, 2014 / 11:42 AM

that’s amazing. i wonder how durable the wood is out in the elements?

4. Genyveve
    August 11, 2014 / 11:45 AM

That looks Ah-mazing!!! Any chance she could post how she did it? So beautiful!

5. August 11, 2014 / 12:11 PM

She needs to post a tutorial for that. I would love to do something similar…

6. Peggy
    August 11, 2014 / 12:28 PM

I agree with what everyone has said but ESPECIALLY what Deb said! We need a tutorial or at the very least, more details–such as an answer to what laura@topthistopthat said. Come on, JoAnna; we need deets! 🙂

7. LeeAnn
    August 11, 2014 / 3:24 PM

That is a fabulous After!!! I love the refinished top and the white. Always white!! Just a terrific idea.

8. Katie J
    August 12, 2014 / 8:07 AM

I don’t know if I’m more jealous with how it turned out, or the fact that she found it for TEN DOLLARS! Beautiful job, I am officially envious.

9. Sylvia
    August 12, 2014 / 9:32 AM

Cool! (Sorry, couldn’t resist.)

10. Diane Johnson
    August 12, 2014 / 11:02 AM

I love this, but really $10. Not in my area, people seem to think their garbage is worth more than that. In fact I had my 6 year old grandson with me looking for yard sales and when we drove up he said oh ya Grandma it’s all crap.
    Never too young to learn.

11. August 12, 2014 / 11:08 AM

Haha, I love that you’re starting him young! I know, I could NEVER find deals like that around here either.

12. Donna McFadden
    July 30, 2016 / 12:31 PM

My husband and I are going to attempt this project from an old maple buffet we found on the side of the road. All of the YouTube tutorials are from scratch. This is my first time visited your blog but if there are any tutorials or tips from JoAnna, I would love to hear them!

13. Debbie Perkins
    February 8, 2017 / 5:27 PM

Oh, this is such a “girlie” cooler. I LOVE IT!!! So prissy. I just did a dorm fridge into a cooler with cypress.. 🙁 I am so stinkin’ jealous. I am pinning this to my favorites. Yes, WE need instructions!!! Pretty Please!!