Happy Camper

Happy Camper

Attention!  This is the final push for Ugly Lamp Contest submissions! If you have (or know of) a lamp that possesses an ugliness so extreme your eyes wither up into little pruneballs at the mere sight of it, then what are you waiting for? Get a picture of that thing to me ASAP at BetterAfter(at)live.com!  Today is the deadline, but I’ll let you squeak by if you submit a picture over the weekend.

I’ve been sifting through a hearty crop of truly terrible submissions, but I don’t know if we’ve reached the pinnacle of pure ugliness yet. Our winner might still be out there.  Get your pics in soon, there is a $100 gift card on the line, man! More info can be found right here.

ugly lamp logo 2014

And now, a sweet little camper makeover by Dawn and her daughter Meghan.  Dawn says “After attending an outdoor summer wedding which featured renovated vintage camping trailers used for food and beverage stations, my daughter became somewhat obsessed with the idea of obtaining a camper of her own to renovate.  A few months later my husband and I received a phone call from said daughter announcing she had purchased a trailer which needed “a little work” and would we be willing to help her renovate the camper?  I’m afraid my husband and I must have made all of our DIY projects look a bit too easy because what we found when we visited the camper for the first time was many, many hours of work ahead of us.”

Mom and Dad of the Year alert! They dove in and helped Meghan transform it into the happiest lil’ camper ever. It almost makes me want to go camping! Almost. If they can guarantee flush toilets and working showers and no spiders, snakes or killer bears, and wifi, then yes. Sign me up.

(Before pics are not so great, but hey, that’s what makes for an even better after, right?)

You won't believe how adorable this camping trailer makeover turned out at betterafter.netHappy weekend friend!  Get those Ugly Lamps in soon!

1. August 15, 2014 / 11:13 AM

Man am I jealous…I want to redo an old SMALL Airstream, but haven’t found one cheap enough yet…well, I found one, and Brian poo-pooed it…you would think that would be the last time I would listen to him!! Cuz I haven’t found another. Some day…it will be my last big “rehab”…then I plan on taking it to Colorado every fall for our annual fishing trip!!!!!

2. Peggy
    August 15, 2014 / 12:34 PM

I LOVE Airstream renovations! And I want to see MORE of this one by Team Meghan! Pretty please?

3. Maria from Oz
    August 15, 2014 / 1:39 PM

..and here I am in USA camping in a TENT! Now where was this savvy gal when I needed her last week? Broken zips and mosquitos are just not cutting the ‘Happy Camper’ Zen mode for me. I need me some cutie pie-ness! Too cute!

4. Lia
    August 15, 2014 / 2:00 PM

Adorable!

Any chance we can discover the name of that amazing curtain fabric?

Thanks! Lia

5. Heather M
    August 15, 2014 / 3:08 PM

Haha! Your description of camping describes to a T the way I feel about the vile activity! Camping is the worst! Though I would love to have this cute little trailer in my backyard for my kids to play in:). Actually it’s cute enough that I would even sleep in it in my backyard! They did a great job!

6. LeeAnn
    August 15, 2014 / 6:20 PM

That is an amazing makeover! They did a great job. I only wish my kitchen looked so cheery. Can we see more pics?

7. MichelleP
    August 15, 2014 / 7:43 PM

Oh my gosh this is so great! And that curtain fabric!!!

8. Dawn
    August 15, 2014 / 8:36 PM

“Vile”….LOL! My thoughts exactly! When Meghan suggested we take the camper out when it was complete, I told her she and her dad could knock themselves out, but I could be dropped off at the nearest amenity-laden hotel:)

Lia, I’m sorry I don’t have the name of the fabric but they were all purchased at Joann’s Fabric store.

Lindsey, thank you for featuring our project and to your readers for their kind words!

9. August 17, 2014 / 11:27 AM

VERY cute! So bright and cheery! 🙂

10. Mumzy
    August 18, 2014 / 12:51 PM

So STINKIN’ cute!!!!!

11. August 18, 2014 / 1:36 PM

I so want to do a trailer/camper/RV renovation. I don’t know why but they always seem to be the exact same boring design scheme and I HATE it.

12. August 18, 2014 / 1:37 PM

I should clarify. Most tailers/campers/RVs are sold in the same boring design scheme that I hate. Those that have done a renovation tend to do an AMAZING job that gives the space more light, fun, and personality. This renovation for example is awesome!

13. Deb in Oz
    August 19, 2014 / 4:48 AM

Very cute, but I’m with you, Lindsey:
    “If they can guarantee flush toilets and working showers and no spiders, snakes or killer bears, and wifi, then yes. Sign me ”
    Amen to that, even if kangaroos aren’t carnivorous.

14. Malena
    August 21, 2014 / 2:17 PM

I MUST have some of that curtain fabric!!!!!!

15. Tracy
    August 25, 2014 / 8:07 AM

After suffering through the ugly lamps this After is so refreshing. I **love** the curtains!

16. May 21, 2015 / 12:16 AM

I love what you have done, it is nice and bright