I’m no quilter.

I’m no quilter.

A few months ago, I won an auction at church for a hand-made baby quilt.  Woo! The sweet woman sewing it said I could pick my pattern and colors, and me, knowing zero things about quilting, chose what I thought was a simple enough pattern.  Turns out it required something like 157  triangles to be individually cut out of six different fabrics then stitched together, one at a time.  Woah.  She was super sweet during the whole thing, but I bet deep down she wanted to choke me.  It’s a fantastic quilt though!

But quilts aren’t reserved for just babies and bedrooms.  You can get that quilty look you love just about anywhere!  Sarah at Backwoods Babies ‘quilted’ these IKEA dressers with scrapbook paper!

If you like "quilted" makeovers, you won't want to miss these dresser and chest makeovers!

Lisa at Sweet Parsley Home made use of her fabric scraps and quilted over this formerly uggtastic ottoman.  Wow, it was so bad.

Now all you have to do is win an auction for someone else to do these projects for you, and you’re in business!

1. July 23, 2014 / 3:41 PM

Oh my heck. Thank you so much for the featuring my ‘quilted’ dressers. This geeks me out beyond compare.

2. LeeAnn
    July 23, 2014 / 4:49 PM

The ottoman went from bleh to GORGEOUS!!! Even the legs on it are fabulous.

3. July 23, 2014 / 7:12 PM

Love that ottoman. My scrap pile doesn’t look so chic. But my main comment is: How on earth can you mention your quilt without showing it to us?! How!?

4. Helen
    July 24, 2014 / 7:09 AM

I cannot stop laughing at the “before” ottoman. Just … amazing.

5. KWolff
    July 24, 2014 / 9:45 AM

I seriously think my mom had something in the same fabric as that before ottoman. It looks like something she would have loved! Both of these quilting makeovers are incredible. I love the dresser idea! I could see something like that being super fun in my office. And the ottoman makeover makes all those fabrics look like they were purchased to be together. Great job ladies!

6. Sandi P
    July 29, 2014 / 3:12 PM

Seriously. Show us the quilt! (And love those makeovers!)