Kid-a-riffic

Kid-a-riffic

Trying to keep this short and sweet because I’m having this super rad computer issue where I’m going along just fine, typeity type typing, and then the whole system rudely powers down out of nowhere and I lose everything I’ve been working on, and I want to punch my computer in the face.

So please enjoy this adorable kid kitchen from Better After reader Heather, who had been on the hunt for the perfect piece of furniture for over a year. She finally found it, where else, behind a dirty curtain at a flea market held in an abandoned sock factory.  What, did you think I was going to say Craigslist?

She got it for a steal at $10, and turned it into the adorable play set you see before you.  Is that a tiny cow in the window?  So cute!

Love a kid kitchen makeover? You won't want to miss this one at betterafter.net

Love a kid kitchen makeover? You won't want to miss this one at betterafter.net

In other news: we have a BeddingStyle giveaway winner!  Congrats Sarah H.!  Check your email!

PS: In addition to my super rad computer being un-rad, I’m also having a problem with my feed.  If you are an email subscriber, you probably haven’t been receiving any emails all month!  Yikes!  I’m working on that now.  (If only I could work more than six minutes at a time before my computer shuts itself off).  Hhnnnnrg! *grunt of frustration**

1. Janet
    April 17, 2014 / 6:53 PM

My husband (a brilliant Information Tech guy :)) says the most common reason for that is that your computer is overheating.

I’ve been wondering why I wasn’t getting your blog in my feed. Don’t worry, I’ve noticed it’s absence and would just come check it out manually.

2. April 17, 2014 / 11:03 PM

Oh, good to know! Maybe I should open it up and vacuum the dust out or something. Thanks for the advice, and I’m glad you noticed my absence! 🙂

3. Angie
    April 18, 2014 / 6:42 AM

LOVE this! We have a huge open space that needs some definition…hmmm…

4. Angie
    April 18, 2014 / 6:44 AM

Oops, I must have commented on the wrong post! haha! This is a cute kitchen for a kid too!! 🙂

5. LaNell
    April 18, 2014 / 6:59 AM

Great teaser on this adorable kitchen. Your readers need more details! More photos. More “how to” info. Please ask her to share.

6. Ashley
    April 18, 2014 / 7:49 AM

How darling!

7. April 18, 2014 / 9:39 AM

That is a darling Kid-che-nette. 😉 I do love the view out the window. One cow and the kind you don’t have to milk. My favorite.

Quote: “I want to punch my computer in the face” Hahahahaha! Once way back when we had dial-up I got so mad at the computer I pitched it out the open study window. Dang thing didn’t even break. I had to walk outside bring it back in and use it another year before we got a new one and our area was offered Wi-Fi.
    Hubby did ask where the dirt on the corner came from. Who knows?

Good luck with the computer!

8. Lisa
    April 18, 2014 / 10:52 AM

Absolutely adorable!!!

9. April 18, 2014 / 11:45 AM

Hahaha! I’m picturing that whole scenario in my mind. Dialup, ugh! At least you got some frustration out!

10. April 18, 2014 / 11:57 AM

What a stunning makeover! My kids would have gotten a huge kick out of this!

11. Cathie
    April 18, 2014 / 5:23 PM

Our computer did that. It was…a driver issue, I think? Make sure errything is up to date. (I am a chronic avoider of updating.)

12. Heather
    April 21, 2014 / 10:22 AM

Thanks so much for sharing our kid kitchen! Our two girls love it, and so do all their friends! Love the blog. Thanks for allowing us a place to share all our wonderful projects!

13. April 24, 2014 / 7:24 PM