Rasberry Display

Rasberry Display

Sing it with me, “She wore a raaaaaaspberry beret! The kind you find in a second-hand store!” You know what else you can find in a second-hand store?  Old furniture that needs new life!  And come to think of it, I’ve never actually found a raspberry beret in a second-hand store.  I’ve never actually looked for one.  But I did find a gold sequined fanny-pack once, and I’m still mad at myself for not buying it.  I’ve been trying to bring fanny packs back for years now, but I’m having a hard time getting anyone onboard my train.  I don’t understand it. They’re so handy!  C’mon!  Get onboard this train.

Anyway, this train has kind of derailed, so lets get back on track with where I was going to begin with: raspberry makeovers!  Here comes one now from Christina Miller at Phoenix Restoration. Before, a veneer covered dresser of unspecialness.  Now?  Super special! And that color! Yum.

Love Fuchsia? Don't miss these bright makeover at betterafter.net

Love Fuchsia? Don't miss these bright makeover at betterafter.net

And speaking of unspecialness, Megan had herself a rug that was as exciting as a Wheat Thin.  So … not very exciting. It kind of looks like a giant Wheat Thin.  And everyone knows Wheat Thins are better with a little something sweet on top.  How about … raspberry! See her blog Rappsody in Rooms to find out how she did this with tape, paint, and patience.

Love Fuchsia? Don't miss these bright makeover at betterafter.net

Love Fuchsia? Don't miss these bright makeover at betterafter.net

1. Jessica H
    April 23, 2014 / 7:16 AM

That rug made me say “wow” out loud! And YES to painting over ugly veneer. That is a lovely color and the handles look so perfect with it.

2. Janet
    April 23, 2014 / 7:42 AM

Both beautiful, I love that color. I once lived in a very outdated, kind of yucky studio apartment, said “screw it!” and painted my kitchen the same color as that bureau. LOVED it! It surely helped distract from the brown shag carpeting…

3. April 23, 2014 / 7:57 AM

I love the dresser. I saw the potential, but the after made me go “wow”!

4. Kim from Milwaukee
    April 23, 2014 / 9:01 AM

Love those raspberries! I mean, those raspberry makeovers! That bureau looks so yummy, and that rug….I want!

5. April 23, 2014 / 9:14 AM

Wow, Lindsey! Thanks so much for the feature. I knew something was up when my blog was actually getting traffic. 🙂 Oh, and I LOVE that rug…definitely following Rappsody in Rooms now. Thanks again.

6. April 23, 2014 / 11:05 AM

Love them both. I am hot on that color after just using it in my xraft room and a bit of it in my daughters room.

7. April 23, 2014 / 1:00 PM

Wow! The dresser is stunning in that color. The rug is now a TOP of the line Wheat Thin! Lovely. Both.

JaG

8. Bee
    April 23, 2014 / 1:43 PM

That dresser went from blah to beautiful! Not sure I would have had the courage to choose that color but I like it. Also like that she used the original drawer pulls.

I can’t believe that rug makeover–that took a lot of prep.

9. Belle
    April 23, 2014 / 1:50 PM

TOTALLY loving the rug re-do!!!!!! How exciting!

10. April 23, 2014 / 2:56 PM

I LOOOOVEEE the raspberry colors! Great job on both the redos. My husband refused to let me paint our living room that shade of raspberry. So I was relegated to the trim in the patio. LOL! It looks gorgeous though. 🙂

11. Lindsay O.
    April 23, 2014 / 5:24 PM

Ditto what Kim from Milwaukee said – that dresser is downright YUMMY!

12. April 23, 2014 / 6:42 PM

Thank you for keeping the original brass hardware!!

13. LeeAnn
    April 23, 2014 / 7:55 PM

I don’t usually go for pinks, but that dresser and rug are spectacular! Love them both.

14. Catherine
    April 24, 2014 / 6:32 AM

That dresser is awesome! I didn’t think the hardware was going to look so great!