Angles Among Us

Angles Among Us

If you need a change of pace from the all-white-kitchen trend, then feast your eyes on this makeover from Ali. (Not that I don’t love a white kitchen, cuz I surely do).  But I also love anything that rids the world of that orangey faux-oak we’ve all grown to despise, and Ali’s lovely kitchen does just that:

Warm wood kitchen makeover on betterafter.net

Warm wood kitchen makeover on betterafter.net

You may be like “Ugh, Lindsey I hate it when people don’t take pictures from the SAME angle!”  And to you I say, I agree!  But believe it or not, these pictures ARE both taken from the same angle.  Look closely.  They added a window and a pantry, and turned the island 90 degrees.  And how about that flooring set at a diagonal?  There’s all kinds of geometry happening up in heah!

See more from Ali and her husband Brian on their page BK Wenger Properties.  And check out their exterior makeover I featured earlier right here!

1. Carol-Anne
    February 17, 2014 / 1:58 PM

Wow…..that diagonal floor is just amazing!

2. February 17, 2014 / 4:09 PM

Very well done! I was thinking wonder why they moved the oven and sink. Ha.
    Carol is right…The floor is amazing.
    JaG

3. Maria from Oz
    February 17, 2014 / 6:21 PM

Yay! A window over the sink! I’m a stickler for seeing my plates cleaned up proper and goodly like. Love the way they turned the table..er…benchtop around. (that was a joke in there.) Very nice job all isosceles triangle! Ok, I meant nice job all round but that doesn’t fit this place, hey!

4. LeeAnn
    February 17, 2014 / 9:46 PM

That’s a pretty kitchen!!!

5. Jane
    February 18, 2014 / 6:34 AM

The added pantry, window above the sink and diagonal flooring make such a difference. Well done!

6. February 18, 2014 / 7:03 AM

When I was looking at the before picture I thought what a pain it would be to get from the sink to the stove (not to mention the fridge). The turned island is so much better! And that window and pantry are excellent. What a lovely redo!

7. February 18, 2014 / 10:02 AM

This is killing me, our kitchen is next right, now is the master bathroom. I am having a hard time staying focused when I see this is a very nice kitchen!

8. February 19, 2014 / 4:06 PM

I love diagonal floors!

9. Carol M
    February 23, 2014 / 6:49 AM

Nice redo. Guess I’m in the minority here, but I am not a fan of diagonal flooring. I prefer traditional lines. But that’s just me. Love that they added a window above the sink. Makes doing dishes much more enjoyable.