Dragon Slaying in a Tween Bedroom

Dragon Slaying in a Tween Bedroom

Brandi wins the Cool Mom award for this update she did on her tween son’s room.  Out went the outgrown dragon-themed decor and in came sophisticated bedding, hip accessories, and a wall treatment made from laminate flooring.  Laminate flooring!   Perfect if you love the idea of planked walls but would prefer a streamlined finish, and would also prefer to do like, way less sawing.

I’m eyeballing every possible wall at my house to try this out on.  Such a cool look.  Take the whole tour on her blog Don’t Disturb This Groove.

tween boy room before

tween boys room

1. August 14, 2013 / 2:49 AM

LOVE this! the walls are pure genius.

2. Denise
    August 14, 2013 / 4:02 AM

LOVE this makeover~! so cute!

3. August 14, 2013 / 12:00 PM

Hey Lindsey! Such a pleasant surprise to wake up to seeing my son’s room here. Thank you so much for featuring his room re-do. I love the catchy title you chose. Great meeting you at Haven. Such awesome work you do with GMC and HFH.

4. August 14, 2013 / 4:28 PM

Brandi, if you pop back in can you elaborate on how you attached the wood to the walls? Love it!

5. Maria
    August 15, 2013 / 2:02 AM

Nothing says ‘kid’ more than a roadkill-look stuffed frog on a bed. 😉 That kid is one sure lucky son of a gun in that more adult room! I love it! I got me a 19 year old who’d love that look. Not the roadkill frog, though. I think we could do without that! Hee hee. Good work, Brandi!

6. Carol M
    August 17, 2013 / 1:39 PM

Great idea. I see that now West Elm has a stick on wood paneling in several different finishes. I’d love to try that in a room.

7. Stephanie
    September 4, 2013 / 9:05 PM

I love this! We are planning on converting part of our 50′ long garage (yep!) into a mud room and I wanted to do something to the bare studs. We do have some extra flooring and I just saw a few boxes at Goodwill! I am so doing this!