Life’s a Beach

Life’s a Beach

Surprise! It’s my birthday!  I’m off to enjoy the rest of the day, but first I’ll leave you with this fun bike makeover from Irene at Carpe Diem. It just seems like an appropriate makeover for a birthday,  because if I could be anywhere today, I’d be cruising down the beach on a cute little beach cruiser, with a big slice of cheesecake waiting for me at the end. Mmmmm.

I’d much rather have cheesecake than regular birthday cake, that’s my one birthday tradition.  My husband has to have German chocolate cake on his birthday, straight from a box, nothing fancy. Same with my kids, only it’s Funfetti cake mix. And my brother-in-law Tim insists on pumpkin pie.  Do you have a specific birthday treat? Tell me, tell me!

PS: We have a Summer Done Bright Prize Pack giveaway winner! #428 Rebecca M. Owen, it’s you!  Be on the lookout for an email from me soon!

Subscribe Contact Pinterest Twitter Instagram Facebook

1. June 25, 2013 / 3:59 PM

Happy birthday, girl! Hope you make the most of your day!

My mom always used to make a plain chocolate cake with chocolate icing for my sleepovers and treated us to blueberry muffins the next morning. I don’t really celebrate much anymore, but maybe it is time to start a new tradition!

2. June 25, 2013 / 4:21 PM

Key lime pie is my favorite for my birthday!!

3. June 25, 2013 / 4:22 PM

Happy BIrthday! I like pie in my birthday. :o)

4. June 25, 2013 / 4:30 PM

Happy Birthday! My favorite birthday dessert is pineapple upside down cake…in the middle of November!

5. June 25, 2013 / 4:35 PM

Happy Birthday!!! I celebrate my birthday with my parents on Thanksgiving every year (it’s the 24th), so we go from turkey and pumpkin pie, take a very stuffed power nap, then wake up long enough to have whatever cake/crisp/crumble my mom wants to make! I could go for candles in the pumpkin pie though 🙂

6. June 25, 2013 / 5:01 PM

Happy Birthday Lindsey! If you lived closer I’d bake you a yummy New York style cheesecake. If I did, you’d probably want to bike about 500 miles in order to burn off the 98,000 calories it has though 🙂

Pelham @UrbanDEN

7. June 25, 2013 / 5:05 PM

Happy, Happy Birthday!

8. June 25, 2013 / 6:40 PM

Happy Birfday girlfriend!
    Anything chocolate is cool with me. Chocolate cupcakes with coffee frosting is a personal fave, fudgy chocolate brownie with coconut frosting…mmmmm…I better stop typing this or I’ll metamorphose into Homer Simpson.

9. June 25, 2013 / 6:58 PM

Happy Happy Birthday to you!!!
    Have a great day. I’m with you on the cheesecake.

10. June 25, 2013 / 9:34 PM

Homemade peanut butter ice cream pie with hot fudge sauce! Happy Birthday!

Deb Weaver
    thewordweaver.com

11. June 25, 2013 / 9:36 PM

Ermagerd! I totally choose cheesecake for my b-day cake, and my hubby does German chocolate, too! We’re, like, twinners fer sure! Ha! My kiddos will take anything bright with characters and ice cream is a must! When I was a kid I always got either an ice cream cake from Baskin Robbins or a sour cream lemon pie from Marie Calendars. Nom nom.

12. June 25, 2013 / 10:51 PM

I LOVE the update on the bike all the way from the Netherlands! I know that it must have been a ton of work to take it apart and assemble it. Great job!

13. June 25, 2013 / 10:57 PM

My family tradition is double dessert for the birthday person. It’s great!

14. June 25, 2013 / 10:58 PM

Happy, Happy Birthday!!! I don’t have a tradition! I love cake, pie, ice-cream, and fresh strawberry pie! Have fun!!!

15. June 25, 2013 / 10:58 PM

Happy! Happy Birthday!

You make me laugh daily and that says something about your sense of humor. I love it. 🙂

Hope you have a fantastical day!

Jake’s a Girl

16. June 25, 2013 / 11:19 PM

I’m a little late here – but still made it on time!
    Hope you have a beautiful day Lindsey and an even better evening!
    XOXOXOXOXOXOXO

17. June 26, 2013 / 2:10 AM

Cookie cake! We had cheesecake in lieu of a wedding cake…

18. June 26, 2013 / 3:32 AM

Happy Happy Happy Birthday to you! Hope you enjoy your day with your lives ones! I always love to be treated with coconut cream pie on my birthday, but a nice big slice of good ole’ Chocolate cake is always great too! Super cute bike makeover!!!!!

19. June 26, 2013 / 3:49 AM

Happy Birthday!! (and awesome bike redo!)

20. June 26, 2013 / 4:12 AM

A Happy Belated (almost) Birthday to you, Lindsey! I hope that you received your heart’s desire! Me? Mine is German chocolate cake! With vanilla ice cream! Yummm!

21. June 26, 2013 / 4:55 PM

Happy day late Birthday! Hope you had a fantastic day, filled with lots of love and cheesecake.

22. June 26, 2013 / 9:29 PM

Hope you had a wonderful birthday, and had a little piece of cheesecake leftover for today, too 😉

23. June 29, 2013 / 4:37 AM

Happy belated birthday. When I was a kid, my mother would always make those cut-up cakes for my siblings and me. My dad would always get homemade German chocolate cake, and my mom would make extra frosting so that the cake was just swimming in nutty, coconut goodness. As the kids got older, we realized that Dad had the better cake, and sometimes we’d ask for German Chocolate as well. My mom is a big cheesecake fan. She makes them for every holiday.