Burlapping it Up

Burlapping it Up

Becky might be surprised to see her burlap footstool makeover here today, because she just sent it to me today!  FYI: it typically takes me longer than that.  FYIAgain: did you know you can email me your before and after submissions?  I thought everybody knew, but you’d be surprised how many emails I get from people who are surprised to learn that.  So if ya don’t know, now ya know, ninja.

Anyway, I included it so quickly, because I thought it went along nicely with the other burlap makeover I was already planning to feature below.  Burlap, it’s a beautiful thing.  Also a smelly thing, unless you buy the sanitized version.  I’m just full of useful information today.

So-hoooo much better now, yes?

And I do love this great chest makeover from Sarah at Funcycled. She simply slathered it in Mod Podge and stuck the french script burlap right on the door panels.  The new pulls are fantastic too.  I would totally wear those as earrings, in a smaller, earlobe-friendlier size.

Subscribe Contact Pinterest Twitter Instagram Facebook

1. January 10, 2013 / 11:59 PM

i did not know such sophisticated burlap was even available!! i love both makeovers. 🙂

2. January 10, 2013 / 11:59 PM

3. January 11, 2013 / 12:00 AM

First off, I have never seen printed burlap. Love it. But secondly, I also didn’t know you could buy sanitized burlap, because I am with you. It does stink.

4. January 11, 2013 / 12:14 AM

So Pretty! FYI I have a post up on my blog on how to wash and cut burlap… it helps get rid of that smell quite a bit… and makes it soft, too! Let me know if you want me to send you the link 🙂

5. January 11, 2013 / 1:42 AM

eu gostei muito da mudança!! ficou muito bonito!! bjss

6. Karen
    January 11, 2013 / 2:32 AM

Wow! Love them both!!

7. January 11, 2013 / 11:38 AM

I, being a burlap buying virgin, did not know that burlap stinks, or that you can buy a sanitized version. Whoda thunk it?

8. January 11, 2013 / 5:34 PM

Where do you buy such pretty burlap?

9. January 11, 2013 / 9:45 PM

Why does burlap need sanitized? I mean, isn’t it just another kind of fabric produced in a factory just like any other fabric? What’s it made from?

10. January 11, 2013 / 9:45 PM

11. January 15, 2013 / 12:28 PM

Hi All! Thanks for the sweet comments. This burlap was from Jo Ann’s fabrics and the best part is, it didn’t smell at all. 😉 Here’s the before and after on how we did this makeover. http://funcycled.com/projects/burlap-cabinet-tuesdays-treasures/
    We also had to add tacks to the corner to secure the fabric. Thanks for featuring us Lindsey.
    -Sarah at FunCycled

12. Anonymous
    January 28, 2013 / 9:54 PM

That is so awesome! Im inspired by all the projects on this blog. I love all the redos and that burlap is so incredibly cool! Thanks a lot for posting this Lindsey.