A Funky Furniture Friendship

A Funky Furniture Friendship
This old thing was a trash bin.  No, not headed for the trash bin, but an actual trash bin. You know, to stick your garbage can in and stuff, probably so you don’t have to look at it, and so your dumb dog won’t eat all your garbage whenever you leave the house.  Not that that’s ever happened to me.
But funnily enough, Carolyn actually used this trash bin to store giant bags of dog food.  Everyday she would walk past it in the garage and think “I should paint that.”  So one day she did.  Check out all the fun and funky details on her blog at Carolyn’s Funky Furniture.

And while you’re there, tell Carolyn I have found her a kindred spirit! It’s Mary from The Decorative Paintbrush. Check out her fun and funky side table makeover below. There is SO much fabulousness going on here with the stripes and prints and patterns, but I think the look is cohesive rather than crazy because she’s only used four colors.  Or technically three, if you want to be one of those people who insists white isn’t a color.   Great job Mary!

Subscribe Contact Pinterest Twitter Instagram Facebook

1. Anonymous
    January 22, 2013 / 11:25 PM

Cute stuff. I was expecting something more dog related on the first one, but it’s so adorable! Love those funky flowers.

I had to laugh at the “giant bags of dog food” bit though. Unless that thing is closet sized, my dog food bags would not fit in it! Ahh, the joys of large dogs. (Well, our small dog is only 50 lbs. Tiny little thing, really.)

2. January 22, 2013 / 11:55 PM

Love these makeovers!

3. January 23, 2013 / 9:58 PM

I dunno about those makeovers. I’ll spend a few minutes uncrossing my eyes, and then ponder them some more. Pretty wild! 🙂

4. January 24, 2013 / 3:37 PM

Both are adorable!!! I’m in amazement of the talent.

5. January 24, 2013 / 5:50 PM

They are so sassy!!!! Love them!!

6. Brandy Cutchall
    March 6, 2016 / 11:10 PM

Hi Lindsey. beautiful transformation.I hope you take the time to read the comments I left for you on pinterest about this piece.:-) keep up the great work I think your awesome as well as your work.For all the Hater’s out there brush them off your shoulder and keep on painting….<3<3<3

7. Brandy Cutchall
    March 6, 2016 / 11:14 PM

If you didn’t paint this ?would love to know the name of who did so they can read what I wrote to them on pinterest..the:-)

8. prettyredheaded
    April 10, 2016 / 12:33 PM

Love, love, love your work. You are o talanted, and as for the hater’s, feel sorry for them that they have no imagenation to see talent in several way’s of art. Feel sorry for them that they are so shallow that they have to critize something that they are unable to do themself’s. Keep up the beautiful work.