Tragic to Magic

Even though this mess of mismatched dining room furniture was in a world of hurt, Better After reader Sara couldn’t ignore its siren cry. “Take me home,” it whispered.

“But I’ve never done a makeover this big in my life!” Sara replied.

I will be amazing, just wait and see,” it lured.

“I don’t know …” she hestitated.

MAKE MAGIC TO ME!”

And so she gave in, paid $150 total for the whole thing, and yes, magic was made.

This post brought to you by:
DIY. Home Decor. Furniture Redo’s. Ya know, crafts n’ stuff!
Let’s have some fun! NineRed.com

Subscribe Contact Pinterest Twitter Instagram Facebook

Subscribe Contact Pinterest Twitter Instagram Facebook
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Comments

1. That looks fantastic – just a poster child for furniture makeovers

2. OK, that’s fanflippintastic!!! I like it better than I would have when it was new, I bet!

Kristy @ Shona Skye Creations

3. That hurts just a little. Looks a bit like Duncan Phyfe. *whimper*

But it is pretty….!

4. Wow….just wow!!! Loving the chevron seats, great color combo!

5. That is an amazing transformation. I love the color, it’s something I would have picked for my own home.

6. Anonymous says:

I’m sorry but to do that to Duncan Phyfe is a tragedy in itself. Some other furniture yes, not DF.

7. Anonymous says:

I think it is amazing!!! LOVE IT! Sorry “Anonymous”….

8. Never would’ave seen that coming! I love it!

9. Fun, Whimsical… would be perfect in my home…
    LOVE it!! DF or not
    Better / After !!!!

10. Anonymous says:

Love this. It looks so cozy & classy & the same time!

11. holy makeover batman! that looks amazing :)

12. Anonymous says:

Better a painted and loved DF than a neglected unused pile of clutter taking up space in someone’s garage!

13. WOW! That is a FANTASTIC Make-over! Kudos to her!!!

14. Holy Cow! I think this is my FAVORITE makeover to date that I’ve seen on this blog. I absolutely LOVE this!!! Great job to you!

15. Holy Cow! I think this is my FAVORITE makeover to date that I’ve seen on this blog. I absolutely LOVE this!!! Great job to you!

16. Anonymous says:

Wow – the after was totally not what I was expecting but I love it!

17. LLLUUUHHHVVVEEE it!!! Do you know what paint she used (possibly Annie Sloan Chalk Paint)? I just love those colors. I’m getting ready to re-do a bedroom suite (7 pieces)with ASCP and her finished pieces just gave me even more inspiration. Thanks for sharing.

18. Hey all – Sara here, thanks for the love! When I brought this home, my husband thought I was insane, haha.

Paint is simply Krylon Spray Paint (Home Depot) in Spa Blue. Got the fabric from fabric.com, which was my first time using that site. The fabric was a lot cheaper there than at the fabric store.

19. I have to agree with the others. She scored an AMAZING deal on a Duncan Phyfe and then PAINTED it!!!!! She could have resorted it and sold it for a fortune!! Sooooo heartbreaking. :( (and I am normally sooooo on board with painting furniture. But this makes me a little ill. :(

20. I meant RESTORED it and old it or kept it. Obviously those who “love” this aren’t aware of the rarity and value of a DF set.

21. Anonymous says:

Love it! It is just a touch of Dr. Seuss whimsy but with an all grown-up look!