Tragic to Magic

Even though this mess of mismatched dining room furniture was in a world of hurt, Better After reader Sara couldn’t ignore its siren cry. “Take me home,” it whispered.

“But I’ve never done a makeover this big in my life!” Sara replied.

I will be amazing, just wait and see,” it lured.

“I don’t know …” she hestitated.

And so she gave in, paid $150 total for the whole thing, and yes, magic was made.

This post brought to you by:
DIY. Home Decor. Furniture Redo’s. Ya know, crafts n’ stuff!
Let’s have some fun!

Subscribe Contact Pinterest Twitter Instagram Facebook

Subscribe Contact Pinterest Twitter Instagram Facebook

1. That looks fantastic – just a poster child for furniture makeovers

2. OK, that’s fanflippintastic!!! I like it better than I would have when it was new, I bet!

Kristy @ Shona Skye Creations

3. That hurts just a little. Looks a bit like Duncan Phyfe. *whimper*

But it is pretty….!

4. Wow….just wow!!! Loving the chevron seats, great color combo!

5. That is an amazing transformation. I love the color, it’s something I would have picked for my own home.

6. Anonymous says:

I’m sorry but to do that to Duncan Phyfe is a tragedy in itself. Some other furniture yes, not DF.

7. Anonymous says:

I think it is amazing!!! LOVE IT! Sorry “Anonymous”….

8. Never would’ave seen that coming! I love it!

9. Fun, Whimsical… would be perfect in my home…
    LOVE it!! DF or not
    Better / After !!!!

10. Anonymous says:

Love this. It looks so cozy & classy & the same time!

11. holy makeover batman! that looks amazing 🙂

12. Anonymous says:

Better a painted and loved DF than a neglected unused pile of clutter taking up space in someone’s garage!

13. WOW! That is a FANTASTIC Make-over! Kudos to her!!!

14. Holy Cow! I think this is my FAVORITE makeover to date that I’ve seen on this blog. I absolutely LOVE this!!! Great job to you!

15. Holy Cow! I think this is my FAVORITE makeover to date that I’ve seen on this blog. I absolutely LOVE this!!! Great job to you!

16. Anonymous says:

Wow – the after was totally not what I was expecting but I love it!

17. LLLUUUHHHVVVEEE it!!! Do you know what paint she used (possibly Annie Sloan Chalk Paint)? I just love those colors. I’m getting ready to re-do a bedroom suite (7 pieces)with ASCP and her finished pieces just gave me even more inspiration. Thanks for sharing.

18. Hey all – Sara here, thanks for the love! When I brought this home, my husband thought I was insane, haha.

Paint is simply Krylon Spray Paint (Home Depot) in Spa Blue. Got the fabric from, which was my first time using that site. The fabric was a lot cheaper there than at the fabric store.

19. I have to agree with the others. She scored an AMAZING deal on a Duncan Phyfe and then PAINTED it!!!!! She could have resorted it and sold it for a fortune!! Sooooo heartbreaking. 🙁 (and I am normally sooooo on board with painting furniture. But this makes me a little ill. 🙁

20. I meant RESTORED it and old it or kept it. Obviously those who “love” this aren’t aware of the rarity and value of a DF set.

21. Anonymous says:

Love it! It is just a touch of Dr. Seuss whimsy but with an all grown-up look!