Playing Dress Up

Playing Dress Up

I totally snortled when I read how Mckenzie described her old master bedroom: “Like a four-year-old trying to dress herself.” Oh, c’mon Mckenzie, it wasn’t that bad!  I have a four-year-old girl, and I can expect her to be wearing her stained and shrunken swimming suit, church shoes, and ballet tutu at any given moment, and that’s a good day.

But that wasn’t good enough for Mckenzie, who went with a decidedly grown-up vibe here.  Can you believe the only changes are new bedding and paint?  That’s it!  See more at Interiors By Kenz.

Subscribe Contact Pinterest Twitter Instagram Facebook

1. December 31, 2012 / 3:30 PM

Lindsey! Thanks so much for the feature! Also… I’d love to see your daughter in that outfit, lol.

2. Anonymous
    December 31, 2012 / 4:43 PM

Much more sophisticated! The chevron stripe things on tbe wall are messing with my eyes this morning and I like chevron stripes.

3. December 31, 2012 / 7:38 PM

Sorry, I prefer the before (if the comforter/spread was big enough). But then our entire home is done in vintage Eames, very minimalist and angular.
    That being said… you did a beautiful job on the makeover! It looks like you brought in a designer and crew of workers rather than DIY 🙂
    Happy New Year and To Each His Own with Respect

4. December 31, 2012 / 8:52 PM

LOVE IT!!!!! Beautiful work and fabulous vision to come up with the painted headboard.

5. Anonymous
    December 31, 2012 / 10:40 PM

This dates it. Just like the chevron, the flower pillows and pops of orange in the before. I see a make over again in about 18 months. I’m not a fan of painted headboards either, who are we fooling?

That said, I do respect the work and the color changes look great!

6. December 31, 2012 / 10:44 PM

They say paint can make all the difference, but this is a wow difference!

7. December 31, 2012 / 11:07 PM

“Snortled” ???
    HA HA HA HA!
    You. Are. Great. I don’t even read your blog to see the makeovers. I just love how you write.

8. January 2, 2013 / 2:55 PM