No Maroon’s Land

No Maroon’s Land

Better After reader Emily and her husband bought this foreclosure, which I’ve nicknamed The Maroon Manor, back in June. They worked their buns off all through summer and fall to de-maroon-ify it and get it to the eye-pleasing point it is today. And they managed to stay within a miraculous budget of less than $1,000, including tree removal!  Woahvilles.

Now I can’t think of anything catchy to call it, other than good lookin’!

This post brought to you by:

Subscribe Contact Pinterest Twitter Instagram Facebook

1. December 20, 2012 / 1:04 AM

Good Lord! Who does that?!
    What a transformation! Hard to believe it’s the same house…huh? Great job with the budget. Around here the removal of a small tree would cost their whole budget.

Jake’s a Girl

2. Amy
    December 20, 2012 / 3:56 AM

Wow. Talk about improved curb appeal!

3. December 20, 2012 / 5:54 AM

This comment has been removed by the author.

4. December 20, 2012 / 5:54 AM

Major improvement!!

5. December 20, 2012 / 3:10 PM

less than $1000? How in the world did they do that?

6. December 20, 2012 / 4:46 PM

The should have groomed their curb appeal, not removed it. We see this all too much. New owners hate the over grown plants and completely remove them. A good trim and sculting would have made this house shine. Now it’s barren.

7. Michelle
    December 20, 2012 / 10:34 PM

I agree with you, Katherine. I like what they did to the house, but it would have been even better with some trees in the front. Hard to believe they did all the work for $1000!

8. January 12, 2013 / 5:50 PM

Can you put me in touch with this homeowner? I’d love to hear any tips/suggestions on tree removal…we’ve gotten multiple quotes for $2,000+ …how did they do it all for under $1,000?! The house looks GREAT and I can tell they poured a lot of hard work, sweat, and LOVE in it 🙂 Congrats!…Can’t wait to hear back soon. natalie.a.lytle@gmail.com

Thanks! Natalie