Nail Removal

Nail Removal

I’m sure many of your hearts were heavy all weekend with the sad news of those beautiful children, as was mine.  Maybe you came here today to get your mind off the tragic events just for a moment. I can relate.  I keep switching between news sites and celebrity gossip sites, just to escape reality for a quick minute and pretend that I live in a world where Jessica Simpson’s new dog is the most important thing we have to talk about.  Oh, if only.  We’ll carry on, as we must.  But we’ll never forget.

So, here is something happy and fun for your eyes and hearts this morning, a great little console table makeover from Caitlin at Desert Domicile.  She nixed the zebra, but planned to keep the nailhead trim. Then she discovered that nailing the trim back into place was not so easy after several coats of paint (finding the perfect paint color wasn’t so easy either), so she changed course and went with a pyramid trim found at JoAnns.  It’s so much edgier now!

This post brought to you by:

Subscribe Contact Pinterest Twitter Instagram Facebook

1. December 17, 2012 / 5:29 PM

Hi,

I have a quick question about your blog, do you think you could e-mail me?

Brian

2. December 17, 2012 / 9:44 PM

This tradegy is so hard to deal with… All we can do is to pray that the parents and loved ones can muster up the strenght to go on.
    Thanks for showing the beautiful transformation Caitlin created.

3. December 17, 2012 / 10:10 PM

Wow, that is one glamorous makeover. Beautiful!

4. December 17, 2012 / 11:39 PM

What an improvement, I love the after.

5. December 18, 2012 / 3:38 AM

That is quite a makeover! Love the after!

I personally feel that it is good to see positive “pretty” things in a world so full of evil so we are reminded that there is still good in the world. I do think these times call for simpler posts with an acknowledgement of what is going on in Connecticut by sharing our sorrow. When we continue on immediately after without a thought about the tragedy on our blogs, it seems kind of shallow. In a way, I feel we have a responsibility as “public” spokespersons.

With that said, I so appreciate your words and for sharing this better after!

6. December 19, 2012 / 9:31 PM

This makeover makes it so much more classy! I love your blog, I always look forward to finding you newest post in my inbox.

7. Melinda
    January 23, 2013 / 7:12 PM

Both are very nice. Personally, I liked the before better. Love zebra print!

8. Anonymous
    February 13, 2013 / 9:12 PM

I’ve found your blog through Epbot and am going through the archives. I just wanted to say, thank you so much for the sensitivity and taste you showed in this post.