Tile me about it.

Tile me about it.

Better After reader Elizabeth had a teensy bathroom in an older home that she described as ‘very plain.’ Teensy bathroom, I could live with. Very plain? No thanks!

She swapped out the basic vanity for a custom furniture vanity with matching mirror and added all kinds of fabulous tile. Large hexagon tile on the floor, small hexagon tile in the shower, rectangle tile, decorative tile, so much sexy tile I’m really going to have to form some kind of support group for people like me who are inappropriately attracted to tile.

1. November 8, 2012 / 3:01 PM

Love the vanity furniture piece. And that entire shower is smexy!

2. christie
    November 8, 2012 / 3:03 PM

wow. i looove it. love it. that is so my style. very nice job. love the tile and everything!!

3. Anonymous
    November 8, 2012 / 4:09 PM

I do not like the lighting fixture, but I LOVE the rest of it floor vanity tile wow! Very nice.

4. November 8, 2012 / 5:06 PM

I love the vanity and those floor tiles! We just re-did a shower that was about as moldy this summer – such an improvement!

5. November 8, 2012 / 5:28 PM

Man, I love that hexagonal tile. And I’ll join your sexy tile support group.

6. stephbo93
    November 8, 2012 / 8:02 PM

Love it!! And I love the light fixture. Very unique!

7. November 8, 2012 / 9:37 PM

I LOVE the floor tile especially! Can the homeowner please tell me exactly what it is? We’ll be building and this could be a strong contender for our bathroom tile!

8. November 9, 2012 / 5:13 AM

wow. this is a breath taking transformation. I love the sink vanity!

istaistaista.blogspot.com

9. November 9, 2012 / 7:29 AM

I know it might seem silly to ask, but where did she get her garbage can from? I’m looking for really narrow garbage cans for our bathrooms but can’t find any and love the one in her bathroom! And I do love the redo!

10. Anonymous
    November 9, 2012 / 2:01 PM

its me again.. i love this so much i came on to pin it right now. i love it and the lighting fixture is perfect.. just my style .

11. November 9, 2012 / 3:43 PM

Hi, all – it’s my third attempt to post a comment (not sure why I’m having an issue).

Thanks so much for the positive feedback. This renovation was a long time coming as my disgusting shower was beyond repair.

The floor/shower floor tile was purchased at http://www.tileshop.com – a store in Minnesota. It is carrara marble hex tile. We used 3″ on the floor and 2″ on the shower floor. It’s expensive but so worth it in a small space like this.

The garbage can is from target – and I know they still carry narrow ones just like this 🙂

Thank you all – I hope it’s ok to direct you to my Pinterest page “Bathroom Renovation” so you can see more details.

Best – Elisabeth

12. November 23, 2012 / 9:53 PM

I love it. The light fixture is awesome. Where did you find it? All is great.

13. hali
    January 5, 2013 / 1:45 AM

Please tell us where you got your light fixture….It’s to die for.
    Hali

14. Maria (I really should do a blog!)
    January 18, 2013 / 3:49 PM

love, Love, LOVE that bathroom! I actually just did one too where I took a really dark late 80’s half bath that was SO ‘dark’ green & maroon and it is now updated and sparkly! I replaced the shell sink with a dresser (much like yours, just different color) and stripped the wallpaper, replacing it with a spa like ‘gray-green’. It’s AWEsome!!! And now I am putting the house on the market (boohoo!!). Oh well, on to more new projects I guess.

15. January 27, 2013 / 7:05 PM

Such a great transformation, I love the tiles and the glass so neat.

16. February 24, 2013 / 7:38 AM

So stylish! Wonderful transformation!Great job!