Kitchen Confoundery

Kitchen Confoundery
Ok, use your imagination just a little on this before, because it’s certainly not anything like the after.  I think we are looking at the same door and windows, only they are centered in the after picture, but then again, the oval door is still there on the left, so maybe that center panel door is just a fake door, unless the second window in the before picture is actually a door, which makes a tiny bit more sense, because that panel door is clearly not fake, so I can’t really explain how this door and two windows became a door, window, door, window, but I DO see that she built faux transoms above everything, which is my favorite, and I’m done thinking about it, because I really just want to go make myself one of those ‘grocery’ signs.
Go ask Karianne at Thistlewood Cottage about her fabulous kitchen; I’m sure she has all the answers.

1. October 16, 2012 / 9:01 PM

It’s stunning! Now that’s a transformation but I would hate to accidently spill anything in there.

2. October 16, 2012 / 9:10 PM

Totally gorgeous Farmhouse Style. I love the casual feel with the touch of glam 🙂

3. October 16, 2012 / 9:23 PM

You are so funny! The door in the center leads out to a screened-in porch 🙂 We removed the middle window and added a door! You are the absolute best and I triple appreciate the incredible feature 🙂

Have an awesome day rock star!
    karianne

4. October 17, 2012 / 12:55 AM

I was going to tell you how the extra door got there, but the person who did the makeover beat me to it! Love this room. Great job, Karianne!

5. Anonymous
    October 17, 2012 / 12:57 AM

Stunning is an understatement! I truly wish I lived closer to you Karianne – I adore your style but even more so, your sense of humor!!
    Denise

6. October 17, 2012 / 1:15 AM

FABULOUS!!!!!

7. Anonymous
    October 17, 2012 / 3:22 AM

The only way the before and after are actually the same room is if the whole room was enlarged and rebuilt from the ground up! Look at the relative distances between the doors and windows, the new door is similar to the original but not the same, the after shows the windows and new door on a hexagonal pushed out wall, the original is on a much flatter wall. It if is a rebuild, then it’s a great job, but if it is supposed to be a re-do of the existing space, there is just no way!

8. October 17, 2012 / 5:24 AM

Yes this is gorgeous! And they just announced lemon sorbet it the “it” color of 2013. I am excited to see this room as this is what I am currently painting my entry. VERY well done!

9. October 17, 2012 / 2:20 PM

wow! Amazing difference!
    lura
    x

10. October 17, 2012 / 2:30 PM

Make me a grocery sign while you are at it! What a transformation! Great job!!! Love it!

11. October 17, 2012 / 5:45 PM

I LOVE it! It’s so open! It looks like they put in a new door where one of the windows was. It’s fabulous!

12. October 18, 2012 / 9:54 PM

Love the new kitchen! Looks SO GOOD !