Open and Closet

Open and Closet
Hello there!  Hope you had a great weekend.  Mine was good,  I’m actually pretty proud of myself because I got quite a few projects done. I was like a makeover machine!  OK, so I painted two things and hung some curtains, but it felt like a lot.  Especially since they all had been on my ‘to do’ list for like, ever.
But Michelle at 4 Men 1 Lady truly IS a makeover machine and would never let projects languish on her to-do list for 6 months.  Or more.   She recently moved to a fixer-upper, which she’s quickly turning into an all-fixed-upper-and-making-me-jealous-er. Check out her progress in her stunning new master bathroom.

I love the contrast of the wood tile with white grout.  Never would have thunk of that.  Michelle’s closet got a bit of a makeover too, if you consider being quadrupled in size a ‘bit.’  I have a friend who put her closets in her master bathroom too, also without doors.  And when I asked her why, she said “Because you have to open them.”  Which makes arguable sense to me.
Much more to see of this room HERE.

1. September 10, 2012 / 5:41 PM

Yeah but the trouble with no doors means that everything in the closet has to always be organized…same thing with glass cabinet doors…that means I need matching dishes! Haha. 🙂

2. Anonymous
    September 10, 2012 / 5:49 PM

i love it.. but i couldnt handle no doors either. bathrooms get dirty, there can be moisture, etc. love everything but the no-doors

3. Anonymous
    September 10, 2012 / 5:51 PM

Closet doors are a must! Your clothes will start to smell damp and icky!

4. September 10, 2012 / 7:51 PM

What a beautiful master bathroom and closet! I love it.

I’d also like to see YOUR makeovers you did this weekend! Show us! Big or small, we love them all! (Ugh, that rhymed…) I’ll check back later to see your skills in action. 😉

5. September 10, 2012 / 8:47 PM

Love the makeover!! What a huge difference, she’s done a fab job. But I’d never have my clothes in the bathroom, the clothes will get damp and musty. Leather will get that mouldy stuff on it too…

6. September 10, 2012 / 8:59 PM

I’m curious about that new flooring. But I can’t open the link to see/read more. Is it my computer 🙁

Nice make-over. But I think agree….I want closed closets. Mine are organized but still not worthy of being on display 😉

7. September 11, 2012 / 3:45 AM

ha! Bec sounds like Dr. Suess and yes i agree we wanna see. and i also agree about the dampness. your clothes will get moldy after a while and you’ll smell like you live in a dungeon or something. just my two cents.

8. September 11, 2012 / 3:49 AM

There are two things I always did the moment I moved into a new house. Remove all the draperies and drapery rods and remove all or most of the closet doors. I love my closets open because they make the room seem bigger to me. But then when I was young I organized my clothes by color. haha. I still have all my sewing fabrics organized by color and fabric or usage type. It makes it so much easier when I want something because I know quickly what I have.

9. September 11, 2012 / 4:05 AM

With proper ventillation, the clothes are fine. Almost every newer home around here has the master closet in the bathroom. We’re going on 3 years in ours and our clothes are not moldy or mildewy smelling.
    With that said, I NEED DOORS. lol

10. September 11, 2012 / 5:52 AM

Nice! Our master closet is in the master bath, and I removed the door that was on it last year. We’ve had no problems. The door was always open before anyway – and in the way all the time. 🙂 I do want to hang up a curtain to hide the mess, though. But, honestly, no one outside of our immediate family has set foot in our master bath in, like, ever. So, I think it’s more of a want than a need. I WANT a pretty, colorful curtain. I don’t NEED to hide the mess. 🙂

11. September 11, 2012 / 4:26 PM

I applaud the make-over, but I think the no separation of a closet and bathroom is going to be a hard sell when it comes time if they intend on resale. I agree with the other posters, the clothes might begin to take on a musty smell after a while.

12. September 11, 2012 / 10:15 PM

LOVE the new bathroom! Especially the marble vanity. A total dream!

13. Anonymous
    September 13, 2012 / 2:44 AM

even if the moisture doesn’t hurt the clothes… I’d be afraid of this when it comes time to sell.