Make a Little Birdhouse in your Soul

Make a Little Birdhouse in your Soul
Hard to believe that this before was once someone’s after.  I’m sure that decorator was a gentle soul who either had a soft spot for birds, or won some kind of birdhouse decor raffle, because I don’t know what else would possess a person to birdhouse it up so hardcore in the bathroom.  They are fun to count, if you are OCD and like that type of thing.  (26!)
But let’s turn our attention to the after and the simple gorgeousness it entails.  Can you believe Erin found that mirror for $12.50 at a yardsale?  Believe it.  (And help me steal it.)  Just kidding!  (Totally not kidding).
Lots more to see on Erin’s blog His and Hers.

This post brought to you by:
See which of their four lines is right for you.

1. September 20, 2012 / 10:35 PM

27 if you count the reflection in the mirror. 😉

2. September 20, 2012 / 10:47 PM

It looks fabulous! Love it!

casadesoria.blogspot.com

3. Anonymous
    September 20, 2012 / 11:11 PM

Hahaha…. I love your blog, but my OCD says it is 27 birdhouses. I think you forgot the one in the mirror. 🙂

4. September 20, 2012 / 11:50 PM

Hilarious that someone took the time to count the bird houses like you and found you were wrong!

What a gorgeous job on this bathroom!

5. September 21, 2012 / 1:40 AM

I had a great laugh on this one….oh, I want that mirror so bad.

6. christie
    September 21, 2012 / 2:25 AM

i like the stripes.. light colors… not too bold.. just perfect! i know that was a lot of work taping and measuring!!

7. September 21, 2012 / 3:52 AM

Love the They Might Be Giants reference 😉

8. September 21, 2012 / 12:27 PM

OMG I used to have that birdhouse shelf years ago. What was I thinking?!

LOVE the transformation!

9. Anonymous
    September 21, 2012 / 1:41 PM

My cousin, age 32, moved into a house that had a decked out birdhouse bathroom- just like this one. Instead of transforming it, she went ahead and purchased the matching shower curtain. Oh my.

10. September 21, 2012 / 2:01 PM

Stunning! I saw on her blog that her husband built that vanity himself…wow! And I’m having some serious mirror envy too.

11. September 21, 2012 / 2:06 PM

I’m actually bitterly disappointed that the before had a regular wall lamp, I mean really? They couldn’t find a birdhouse one? Total lack of dedication. That being said, I LOOOOOOOVE the after one!

12. September 21, 2012 / 3:13 PM

The before is frigging hilarious – who does that??!! Lol. Amazing makeover, it looks great. It would be funny to have a cute little ceramic bird in there as an ode to the bathroom’s past. Or maybe they never want to see another bird again 😉

13. Anonymous
    September 21, 2012 / 5:16 PM

So do you remember They Might Be Giants from when they were a hip, indy band or only from now where they sing childrens music?

My coolness factor takes a hit everytime I try to explain that when I saw them for my first concert they were cutting edge. Like my coolness factor can afford another hit . . .

14. September 21, 2012 / 9:13 PM

WOW! The after is gorgeous! The before reminds me of my small half-bath in our former home.

I’d done it very “theme-parky” in a seashore design because I wanted to entice my piano students to want to go in and wash their hands before the lesson. OMG! My hubby reaaaaalllllly wanted me to keep it that way!

One day while he was gone, I did the whole thing over! A much more subdued and high end sea “inspired” theme…not an in-your-face styling. Yeah 🙂 He loved the “after” better!

15. September 22, 2012 / 12:04 PM

hahaha Lindsey…your narration of our “before” cracked me up. The people did actually have a thing for birdhouses–our now master bedroom (then playroom–we knocked out a wall) had every wall stenciled with birdhouses, complete with a white picket fence and clouds and flowers and even a birdbath.

Thanks for the feature!! 🙂

16. September 22, 2012 / 3:15 PM

Oh, wow, I have a friend who has a mirror just like that – give or take – and she doesn’t want it, it’s in her garage. The frame is painted black. If it would fit in a padded envelope, I’d mail it to ya!

17. Anonymous
    September 24, 2012 / 2:46 AM

can you get a “pin it” button??? I need to pin this stuff!!

18. Anonymous