From Confounded to Conquered

From Confounded to Conquered
McKelle recently went head-to-head in a heated battle against this beast of a wingback.  It fought her hard with it’s corded edges and deep tufts, and she went to bed frustrated and ready to accept defeat.  But! She awoke refreshed and pulled through in the final hour with a clutch decision to replace the cording altogether in favor of nail-head trim.  The tufts remained, recovered in a fresh neutral and accented with colorful bird fabric.  McKelle 1 – Chair 0.
More to see on her blog In De-Stress Mode.

1. September 10, 2012 / 10:16 PM

To be honest, I liked the before.

2. September 11, 2012 / 12:47 AM

To honest, I liked the before better, too.

3. Anonymous
    September 11, 2012 / 1:09 AM

I’d like to see it in the room. I like the painted legs.

4. September 11, 2012 / 1:11 AM

I like her efforts…I think what she did is good…their will be someone who wished to buy…if she did this for her own home…then she will love it…for all the efforts and at some date she may change some aspects….I want to compliment all the details of the work to do a piece like this….ouch hard

5. September 11, 2012 / 1:39 AM

Wow! What a lot of hard work! The chair is lovely!

6. Anonymous
    September 11, 2012 / 2:00 AM

very pretty. looks like tons of work. great job

7. September 11, 2012 / 4:35 AM

That is so interesting! I bet it’ll start a whole new craze!

8. September 11, 2012 / 4:40 AM

Hey Lindsey, thanks for the post about my chair! I do love my chair whether anyone else loves it or not. If I tried to please everyone or worry about what others thought, I would end up a royal mess! I’m glad you liked it enough to share. Thank you all for the nice comments. McKelle

9. September 11, 2012 / 10:13 PM

I like it, but not love it. I wish it was either the grey fabric she chose or the patterned fabric. But it takes a lot of work to reupholster a chair so definitely kudos to you!

10. Anonymous
    September 14, 2012 / 2:00 AM

I like it. I’ve done a few chairs and wish I had gone bold. The neutral would fit almost and decor, but the pattern makes it personal… I want to be brave enough to try tufting one day.

11. Nicole L
    September 17, 2012 / 5:46 AM

I love this chair. I think you did a fabulous job! Way to be bold.

12. September 22, 2012 / 7:12 PM

Wow, what a transformation! To me the before looks dirty, tired and old and the new look STANDS OUT!
    I know how much work it is to reupholster anything especially button tufted pieces!
    Great job!