1. September 22, 2012 / 10:11 PM

Wow, thanks for this! My little grey foundling has done quite a number on my chair (my other 3 NEVER did this).

Love the stories of YOUR little grey foundling – thanks for sharing them!

2. Anonymous
    September 22, 2012 / 10:28 PM

That looks fabulous I’d totally ditch the cat though haha

3. Anonymous
    September 23, 2012 / 3:44 AM

What do you recommend after, when you try to sit down, but slip and slide all around instead?

4. amy
    September 23, 2012 / 4:17 AM

you cant wash scratches out with expensive cleaners and one should sit on the seat not the back or the arm. i would try this.. not something you would probably do more than once. looks better i think than looking at scratches.

5. stephbo93
    September 24, 2012 / 2:34 AM

I can see your posts again!! And the comments!!!! And I can make comments!!!! Woooo hooooooooo!!!! I’m so happy to have Better After back in my life again. I don’t know what you did, but thanks for fixing it!

6. September 24, 2012 / 2:54 PM

Hi all – I did this very reluctantly on the side then used paper towels to gauge any residual oil. There is none and we use this sofa every day. I don’t own $8000 sofas so I can’t relate to that, and wouldn’t blame you – but this kept me from ditching a sofa and keeping it usable for my family (that can’t afford a replacement $1000 sofa muchless a $8000 custom job). This trick (and my blog) is obviously for those who like good solutions on the cheap!
    Trish

7. September 25, 2012 / 3:24 AM

I also use olive oil for scratches, but I use it on my pre-finished hardwood floors. Works like a charm.

8. September 25, 2012 / 1:19 PM

I did this on our custom leather sectional that has been looking very worn and weathered. It worked great and instantly. I’ve tried all kinds of expensive creams and conditioners and none have worked like good ole EVOO.

9. October 8, 2012 / 4:17 PM

I am sooooo excited about this one!

10. Ann
    October 28, 2012 / 11:56 PM

I use leather shoe polish close to the color of the sofa on mine but I am going to certainly try this!

11. June 26, 2013 / 2:45 AM

I just did this and it is a miracle! Not oily, scratches are definitely less visible and hardly cost a thing! Thank you!!!!