Christine Cans the Cat

Christine Cans the Cat
Christine aka The Crafty Woman didn’t know she had hit the jackpot when she bought this marble-top buffet for $80, until she saw an identical one on Ebay for $400.  That helped numb the pain of the four-hour round trip it took to go pick it up, which would have totally deterred me.  In fact, just today I found a coffee table on Craigslist for five bucks.  FIVE BUCKS!  But then I was like … “Oh wait, it’s in Avondale? That’s like, twenty minutes away! Forget that shiz.”

But Christine wasn’t done yet. She found this old chair and loved the shape, not to mention the price: $15.  However, it soon became apparent that instead of being a chair for humans, it had actually been the home of a large hairy cat. Or a family of cats.  Probably a family of cats that all gave birth to more cats. Cat hair to the extreme.  So she played along, and recovered the chair with a lovely ikat fabric instead.  (Fun fact: ikat is actually pronounced e-cot.  But it would be cooler if it rhymed with cat.  At least for this story.)  See more of the makeover HERE.

1. August 31, 2012 / 4:23 PM

Ok, this is weird. I’ve been following you forever (on your blog, not in real life because that would be really creepy) and I never knew you lived in my neck of the woods. I live in Peoria. When you wrote that Avondale was 15 minutes away I looked at your bio and lo and behold, you live by me! I don’t know why that’s exciting, it just is. Thought you should know. 🙂

2. August 31, 2012 / 4:31 PM

She did amazing work, very lucky scores!

3. August 31, 2012 / 5:47 PM

Ok, Christine did an amazing job! and as usual, I loved your post, Lindsey, just as much or more than the makeover. Holly, I wouldn’t be as creeped out by your funny comment except that your profile pic has you taking a picture, like you really are a stocker. Lol!! I’m teasing!!! That’s cool that you and Lindsey are geographically close, and cyber-ly connected 🙂

4. August 31, 2012 / 6:10 PM

That table is fantastic! Worth the $80 and the trip. I have a 19 year old cat that sheds enough for a family of cats! When he’s mad a me he rubs himself on my bed pillow and I’m actually allergic to cats- it’s almost as if he knows! There’s a rivalry between me and the cat:)

5. Nicole
    August 31, 2012 / 7:21 PM

Wowee! Love that table! And you are hilarious.

6. August 31, 2012 / 7:50 PM

Omg that buffet is FANTASTIC!!!!!

7. August 31, 2012 / 7:53 PM

THAT CHAIR!! Love it! Great work!

8. Anonymous
    September 3, 2012 / 8:29 AM

ikat is actually pronounced e-kkat. It’s a double ‘k’ written in devnagri script. Actually – you can’t write the pronounciation correctly in english no matter how you do it (just tried!!)

9. September 4, 2012 / 3:32 PM

Oh that table is awesome. I am new to your blog but I absolutely love it!!! You are inspiring me. I am thinking of starting one of my own.

10. September 5, 2012 / 5:05 PM

That buffet is amazing!

I’m totally with you on the Craigslist thing. I usually only buy stuff if it’s listed in Mesa…actually East Mesa. I’m even too lazy to drive 15 minutes to the west side of Mesa.