Back to Black

Back to Black
So, you may have noticed that Better After has changed a wee tiny bit.  Now, instead of betterafter.blogspot.com, it’s simply betterafter.net.  It really doesn’t change anything, all old links should still redirect here, but in case you wanted to update your reader feeds or what-have-you, feel free to do that.  Plus, I think there are less restrictions with a .net vs. a .blogspot.com, so now you are free to browse around the blog at work or school!  (I won’t tell.)  Any questions?  Please ask.  I will do my best to pretend I know what I’m talking about.
Also, please check out my most recent Sunday Sweets post on Cake Wrecks, if you like that sort of thing.
And now, back to the business of before and afters.  Remember Tabatha from Turn Right at Lake Michigan?  She had that intensely black bedroom makeover that set tongues a-wagging.  People either really loved it or really … didn’t.  She didn’t give a hoot though, because she likes the dramatically dark look so much, she did it again in her bathroom! I personally think it looks amazing.  So glamorous. So chic.  And SO much better than before, cuz wow.

1. August 27, 2012 / 4:37 PM

I think it looks super cool and super dramatic, but you know in the Harry Potter movies at the ministry? Totally looks like that. Anyone else getting that?

2. August 27, 2012 / 4:44 PM

If you look at all the photos on her site, you’ll see that the base of the bathtub is a deep dark red. It’s that one color that takes it from being potentially “Harry Potter Creepy” to beautifully dramatic.

3. August 27, 2012 / 4:59 PM

Is she just wearing panties in her picture on the right?! That’s all I could really focus on. ha!

4. August 27, 2012 / 5:34 PM

I follow Tabitha because I think she is fearless in doing what she loves in her home. She has a beautiful eye for getting black & white just right. The red bottom on the tub is a beautiful addition to the room.

5. August 27, 2012 / 9:00 PM

It is nice but I am with Lauren, I couldn’t get past the fact that she looks almost naked in the reflection.

6. August 27, 2012 / 9:41 PM

Hahaha…I too was focused on her reflection in the mirror, thinking “wow is she only wearing underwear?” I think after close inspection though she is wearing tan short-shorts??

I like the makeover a lot!

7. August 27, 2012 / 9:59 PM

Haha, OMG, I HAVE KHAKIS ON. I took that photo the day of the inspection, so trust, I am fully dressed. Thanks for the nice comments, though! (And for the record, I’ve never seen the Harry Potter movies, but now I’ll have to poke around to see what you’re talking about.)

8. August 27, 2012 / 10:00 PM

9. August 27, 2012 / 10:00 PM

10. August 27, 2012 / 10:29 PM

I loved the bedroom and I love this too! It’s dramatic and different. 🙂

11. August 27, 2012 / 10:41 PM

WOW! Very stylish!

12. August 28, 2012 / 12:42 AM

Again, not my cup of tea, I find black too depressing, literally. I suffer from S.A.D., so too much darkness makes me want to sit and cry. HOWEVER!!!! I do like it. Very dramatic and I could almost imagine this being in Paris in the 1930’s. In my opinion Tabatha you are one remarkable decorator! Even if you do wear nude coloured shorts! LOL!

13. August 28, 2012 / 12:51 AM

Crazy amazing!

14. Denette
    August 28, 2012 / 1:25 AM

I am a CW fan, that is how I found you. But I cannot figure out how to tell who is writing the posts. Obviously Sunday’s wasn’t by Jen since you referred to her but how to tell who is doing the writing???

15. August 31, 2012 / 12:55 AM

I just LOVE this! This will definitely be my backup plan when DH kicks up a fuss about the black fixtures/gold walls and ceiling I’m planning for the next house.