2012 Ugly Lamp CHAMPION

2012 Ugly Lamp CHAMPION
Ladies and gentlemen, we have a winner!

Congratulations to our 2012 Ugly Lamp Contest Champion, Numb Skull, submitted by Sherry!
Numb Skull dominated his round and came out on top in the finals with 38% of the total votes, though not without controversy.  Some voters insisted that this orb of evil was actually quite cool and probably something that a teenage boy would enjoy.  This is why I don’t allow teenage boys to make any of my decor decisions.
In any case, he has been officially crowned the ugliest lamp of all, and for that Shelly has earned herself a $100 Target gift card.  Hooray!
Thank you so much for playing along, everyone. I hope you enjoy the contest as much as I do.  Your comments were seriously killing me!  And keep on the lookout for any ugly lamps that cross your path. Who knows, you might just find 2013’s big winner!

1. August 24, 2012 / 8:51 PM

Oh my. Controvery over whether this lamp is ugly? I would throw it to the curb and just pray it wouldn’t get back in on its own.

2. August 24, 2012 / 9:02 PM

hahahaha wow, no amount of spray paint or shade changes are gonna make that betta.

3. August 24, 2012 / 9:51 PM

I am sure there are many young males who would totally love this lamp and your point is well taken. I have a tear in my eye that this is the end of the contest for this year. I would like to extend a challenge to your readers to be on the lookout so perhaps, if we all work hard, this contest can take place more than once a year. We all go to yard sales and thrift stores-get looking people and record those aspiring lamps. There are more “ugly lamp” contenders out there and they need to be found!

4. August 24, 2012 / 10:01 PM

I would have to say that this spray painted black would be AWESOME for Halloween. Then take it to the curb. LOL.

5. Rochelle
    August 24, 2012 / 11:55 PM

I had a nightmare about that lamp last night !!!! 😉

Congrats to the winner!

6. August 25, 2012 / 12:36 AM

Thanks for all the fun, Lindsey! I shall always look kindly on all my own lamps now. ~ Maureen

7. August 25, 2012 / 12:42 AM

Dang! I was hoping this one wouldn’t win. It looks like an ugly Halloween decoration to me. I could see people who love Halloween or creepy things decorating with it.

8. August 25, 2012 / 12:54 AM

Thanks Lindsey,
    I am so disappointed that my “Life sized lovers” didn’t win! I know in my heart the kids are winners and it was truly the ugliest lamp ever! I’ve gotten a lot of laughs out of your ugliest lamp contest and I’ll be looking around for an entry for next year. Too bad my mother-in-law is gone, I’m sure she could come up with another doozy!
    Sarah

9. Anonymous
    August 25, 2012 / 1:44 AM

I’m SURE many young boys would dig this lamp – for they would surely use it to either a) light the way to their next D&D role playing game or b) use it to cast some mood lighting in their living room while they use broom sticks to reenact that epic light saber duel between Darth and Luke!

10. Anonymous
    August 25, 2012 / 2:49 AM

So sad that the ugly lamp contest is over and we have to wait for one more year! Thank you lindsey not only for collecting pics and whittling it down to just a few but also for your great commentary!! This is been te highlight of my entire week!!!

11. Jane pyle
    August 25, 2012 / 5:59 AM

Ok. A year is to long to wait…how bout the ugliest pillow? Window treatment?

12. August 25, 2012 / 6:02 AM

I’m glad it’s over and it’ll be the last time I have to look at that skull…..UGH!!!

13. August 25, 2012 / 8:23 AM

I have decided I definitely have to visit more thrift stores so I can hopefully score a great picture of an ugly lamp for next years competition. I am going to start immediately!

14. August 25, 2012 / 2:32 PM

I had no idea when I entered my flaming flamingo lamp in your contest, what kind of steep competition it would be up against. I’m definitely bringing my A game next year..

15. August 25, 2012 / 5:14 PM

Honestly? I really like this lamp and cannot believe it won.

16. August 25, 2012 / 5:15 PM

This comment has been removed by the author.

17. August 25, 2012 / 7:18 PM

As others have stated..I’m sad it’s over! Would you consider doing this four times a year? We could all help to throw in prizes for the winner!!

Twas fun!!