Domestic Diva Duel

Domestic Diva Duel
Ashley at Domestic Imperfection is destined to become the next Martha Stewart, only more awesome.  Because I bet even Martha Stewart wouldn’t have noticed the Union Jack pattern lurking withing this old coffee table and brought it to life.  No, Martha would have probably hand recycled it into wood chips for her chicken coop/yoga barn or something.
And would Martha have looked twice at saving this poor little country bumpkin table?  Ha!
She would probably just use it as an outdoor
cutting board in her mega-garden to julienne vegetables on the spot.  Psh.  (Seriously, I love Martha, but I honestly had to unsubscribe to her magazine because it was making me feel like a total loser).
But not Ashley, because she is full of WIN!  So is her rad table.  See it HERE.

(not the ACTUAL before, but pretty darn close.)

1. June 20, 2012 / 5:54 PM

I just nominated you for the Sunshine Award:) Please come on over to my place for all the fun details.

2. June 20, 2012 / 7:14 PM

Love both of these beautiful tables!!

3. June 20, 2012 / 8:02 PM

Oh man, that Union Jack design is AWESOME!!!!!

4. June 20, 2012 / 10:09 PM

Love those two tables. You are too funny. I too canceled my subscription to Martha’s mag for the same reason. Now maybe you were joking but I am dead serious.

5. stephbo93
    June 21, 2012 / 1:43 AM

LOL @ vikki! These tables are great!! Love the Union Jack–don’t really get the whole trend, but it’s a cool table. I also have the same farm table that I plan to re-do one of these days.

6. mary
    June 21, 2012 / 3:34 AM

What’s really scary? Two of the tables are in my brothers house – he has the union jack coffee table, with the worn golden oak finish, and the lovely green/light oak dining table.

Maybe I need to redo his tables for him this summer!

7. Anonymous
    June 21, 2012 / 3:40 AM

I like the end results of both. union jack isn’t quite correct compared to the real thing, but Americans probably won’t notice.