Party Rockers

Party Rockers
Stacey from Embracing Change recently embraced the fact that this rocker could be cuter if it was painted yellow with white stripes. All it took was some paint, tape, a dowel to replace the missing one, and the guts to paint over those pilgrim people who might come back to haunt her dreams.   Risk worth taking.  I keep wondering if I would like the dowels painted white too, since they line up so nicely with the stripes, but then it might look like a race car rocker, and that’s just kind of an oxymoron.  What say you?

Wait, what?  Did you prefer the playful pilgrim art?  Well, how about some branches and birds?  (and not bird poo, which is kiiiinda what that junk on this next before rocker looks like)  From Jaime, who painted that scenic scene on there herself!  Knuckle bumps! See more from Jamie at Barks Blog.

sponsored by:

1. May 16, 2012 / 4:36 PM

I had that rocker when I was little. It had a music box that played when you rocked. What a blast from the past. Thanks for my trip down Memory Lane!

2. May 16, 2012 / 5:08 PM

Thanks for the feature! How excited am I?
    Stacey of Embracing Change

3. May 16, 2012 / 5:44 PM

Mostly I love the title of this post 😉 Haha
    I’m totally addicted to your blog and we just bought a house, and I’m ready to fill it with made-over Goodwill furniture!

4. May 16, 2012 / 9:05 PM

Hmmmmm, I think keeping the dowels yellow was the best choice, it might have been too much then. Love the yellow though, you don’t see enough of that sunny colour these days. Well done.

Wow. Hand painted the birds? What? Amazing!

5. May 17, 2012 / 1:43 AM

I think I would have painted them white…but to each is own! It still looks great

6. May 17, 2012 / 6:09 AM

Love your blog all the way from New Zealand! The fab thing is all the pics … you don’t need to wade through hundreds of boring pics to find the ones you’re after … great look too. I’ve subscribed.

7. May 17, 2012 / 3:24 PM

I love the yellow & white chair by Stacey! I also love that, thanks to the title of your post, I will have LMFAO in my head all day at work today, LOL