It’s hip to dip!

It’s hip to dip!
This bedside table was getting the job done, but not with any kind of style.  Meg wasn’t about to be having that.  So she spray painted it white, but get this, no seriously, GET THIS: apparently spray paint is BANNED within Chicago city limits!?! I don’t know if Chicago and I can ever be friends.  But Meg wasn’t scared of a  little law-breaking, and she didn’t stop there.  She went skinny dipping.  (By that, I mean she dipped the skinny legs of this table in gold paint.  What were you thinking?)
Actually, she didn’t really even dip them, probably because Chicago has a law against that too. She just marked them off and free-handed it.  I digs it.  See more on her blog Radical Possibility.

1. May 30, 2012 / 3:28 PM

why would the city ban spray paint?! to cut down on graffiti?

2. Anonymous
    May 30, 2012 / 3:34 PM

Love it and the only thing I could think of to make the after better would be to take the sticker off the inside of the lamp. It sticks out like a sore thumb, but the table is great.

3. May 30, 2012 / 4:06 PM

I love the Jacquard paint you used for all of my textile projects, I never thought to use it on furniture!

4. Elle
    May 30, 2012 / 5:45 PM

I don’t know. I think it looks kind of ridiculous.

5. Nicole
    May 30, 2012 / 7:19 PM

I saw this on Pinterest! Very cool!

6. May 30, 2012 / 8:55 PM

So cute! I love the dip dye trend. I really need to get off my butt and try this!

7. May 30, 2012 / 10:00 PM

Love it! I’m all over this trent (in my mind, since I haven’t actually tried it yet).

8. May 30, 2012 / 10:01 PM

ahem, TREND. I’m not all over anyone named Trent. haha.

9. May 31, 2012 / 1:05 AM

The banning of spray paint isn’t just in Chicago. Here in Australia many places ban it to underage buyers. Not so much to do with graffiti but to do with the ‘sniffers’ They get high on the propellant and can kill themselves. You can buy it if you show your driver license. Not all places ban it but most with high kid rate of sniffers do. It’s called chroming and a baaaaaad thing to do. However, I do think the table looks great. Not my taste but certainly looks good!

10. Anonymous
    June 2, 2012 / 7:28 PM

It’s such a pain not being able to buy spray paint here and my husband is getting tired of the 20 mile trek to Lowe’s in the burbs :). It keeps Chicago basically clear of much graffiti so it might be worth it… Still stinks!