From Slammer to Slammin’!

From Slammer to Slammin’!
When Valerie emailed me her bathroom makeover, the subject line said something along the lines of “Prison Cell Bathroom.”  And when I opened up the before picture, I could see why.  Depressing. The toilet paper is like, “Hey guys?  I’m not a decorative item, FYI.  I shouldn’t have all the pressure of being the only thing happening on the wall here. Towel Rack isn’t doing much to pull his weight either.”
But Valerie changed all that with some happy yellow wallpaper, beadboard, trim and whimsical accents. Even the toilet paper got a makeover.  And, shhhh, here’s a secret: the ‘beadboard’ is wallpaper too. Oh, wallpaper.  When did you go and get so hip?
See more on her blog Home Made Modern.

sponsored by:

1. stephbo93
    May 15, 2012 / 10:36 PM

Beautiful! I’m not normally a fan of wallpaper, but that yellow is so cheery and interesting!

2. May 16, 2012 / 12:41 AM

Thank you SOOO much for featuring me! You make me LOL. 🙂

3. May 16, 2012 / 2:01 AM

Beadboard does wonders! and I love the wallpaper and wall art. Great Job. Mine is “in the works” Great inspiration.

4. May 16, 2012 / 2:42 AM

Love the bicycle theme going on!

5. Cara
    May 16, 2012 / 2:51 AM

From someone who has seen the said “after” bathroom in the flesh, it is gorgeous!! So obvi beautiful the toilet paper didn’t even need to chat me up 🙂

6. May 16, 2012 / 3:03 AM

I love me some bead board in a bathroom! And the wall covering…so fantastic!!

Cheers
    ~ Jillian

P.s. putting up a post about the fabulous bracelet and of course giving you a shout out tomorrow on the blog!!

7. May 16, 2012 / 7:28 AM

Wow! I love it! It’s so bright and fresh (totally different to what it was)! I really love the white painted panelling!

8. May 16, 2012 / 9:07 PM

Who said we can’t beautify our bog?! That makeover is very imspirational, and I particularly love the contrast of the dark bikes. Great job!

9. Anonymous
    May 17, 2012 / 9:45 PM

This looks amazing! I really wanted to paint our bathroom yellow but my husband is totally against the idea. I thought about adding beadboard to lessen the “yellow-ness” but was a little worried about the installation. This looks AMAZING – I’m running to Lowes this weekend and picking up the wallpaper!

10. May 21, 2012 / 10:01 PM

I just love beadboard. Like, I want to marry it and everything! Its so hard to get hold of over here though 🙁

11. November 1, 2012 / 6:37 PM

You did such a fabulous job with this remodel! You and I both love beadboard and your artwork is simply divine! Luv, Luv, Luv it.