Dine and Twine

Dine and Twine
Bridget had owned this old Ikea table since college, and it was sitting around gathering dust ever since she had replaced it with a new kitchen table.  So she decided to give it a new purpose in life as a desk.  Painted it white, stained the top, you know the drill. But here’s where it gets interesting:  she wrapped the chair slats in twine!
Oh, how I love this look.  I don’t even care if it might be somewhat scratchy.  Form over function, that’s my motto.  I would way rather have things that look nice than be practical. That’s why I keep my toaster in the cupboard even though I use it everyday.  And that’s why I’ve never used a paper towel holder.  Which is also why you can never find the paper towels at my house.  No matter!  Beauty is pain.  And look, Bridget added cushions to the chairs, so they are probably actually MORE comfortable now.  Win-win!  See more on her blog, Life as Bridget Knows It.

sponsored by:

1. May 22, 2012 / 2:52 PM

I love your blog. Not sure why I chose this particular post to say so, but I just felt COMPELLED to thank you for showcasing all these fabulous ideas. I love that I get all this inspiration and don’t have to watch DIY or HGTV all afternoon to get it. So thanks.

2. May 22, 2012 / 3:14 PM

Ditto with Debbie!!!

3. May 22, 2012 / 4:00 PM

You make my day Lindsey – I keep my toaster in the cupboard too – and always put it back when it’ still hot – going to start a fire one day with this obsession, lol – and I also have never had a scott towel holder – too funny –
    and those chairs are amazing!!!
    Hugs,
    Suzan

4. Anonymous
    May 22, 2012 / 4:27 PM

i am guessing that is an Ikea table and chairs since we have the same set at my house

5. May 22, 2012 / 4:43 PM

It would only be itchy if you dined topless and I don’t get the feeling that happens at your house.

6. May 22, 2012 / 5:05 PM

This looks amazing! Love the transforamtion!

7. May 22, 2012 / 9:04 PM

Aww, thanks for the kind words! And HA HA to Unknown’s comment, although, my kids have been known to dine pantless from time to time so …

8. May 25, 2012 / 3:28 PM

Wowzer! So clever. Jealousy is rearing its ugly head!

9. May 26, 2012 / 10:47 PM

All the things I wanted to say have been said…but I’ll say ’em again:
    1. I keep my toatser in the cupboard, too (on an old cookie sheet so that the crumbs don’t fall all over the place!)
    2. I refuse to put a paper towel holder on my counter so I don’t buy paper towels either!
    3. Chairs + dining topless = ouch!

10. May 30, 2012 / 6:40 PM

I wonder how well those stay clean? I love that idea, but with 6 kids all I cam imagine is jelly speared over the twine…