Tuft Love

Tuft Love
Happy Monday! I hope your weekend was swell. I think I am finally fully recovered from strep. That was miserable. I don’t recommend it.  And here’s the lamest thing of all: I GAINED weight!  Isn’t that the only good thing about being sick for a week, you might lose a few pounds?  I ate nothing but popsicles and toast and gained eight pounds.  Strep can suck it.
But you know what doesn’t suck?  This settee makeover from Katie, AKA The Sewing Nerd.  It’s so modern and fresh, especially since she painted the frame white and opted to take out the tufting.  That’s probably something I wouldn’t have realized until it was too late: tufting and striped fabric is a match made in Wonkyville.  Great job Katie!

sponsored by:

Cliq Studios produces quality kitchen cabinets at discount prices.

1. April 23, 2012 / 4:14 PM

wow! Gorgeous!
    Glad you are feeling better 🙂

2. April 23, 2012 / 4:31 PM

never thought i’d say this, but that is a sexy couch! wow…

3. April 23, 2012 / 4:57 PM

Lovely! I recently found your blog and I LOVE it!

I was ill for a week (not strep, bird flu or something terrible) and I TOO gained weight! How the hell is that possible? As I weakly weighed myself the other day, I was up four pounds!

Love your writing style! I’m just beginning to move around your blog & your entries almost always make me laugh!

4. April 23, 2012 / 5:43 PM

Oh that sofa is divine! And welcome back to the world after your bout with strep. Sorry about the weight loss – that was the ONLY good thing about chemo – I lost a ton of weight (but lost my hair so you finally feel you have a decent body but you have a bad hair day everyday). Gained the weight back and I still have bad hair days. LOL! Glad to see you are back to your old self – I missed your posts! 🙂 Happy Monday right back atya.

5. April 23, 2012 / 6:04 PM

This is beautiful! She did an amazing job!

The weight gain may be water weight. When you’re sick, you often don’t get enough fluids in you. Try drinking tons of water and see if you can flush out the salt. 🙂

6. April 23, 2012 / 7:58 PM

I can see beauty in almost anything – really I can – and I would not have seen it in the before photo, I would definitely have walked away from that one.
    W O W…. that is absolutely gorgeous and opens my mind a little more – thanks Lindsey!

7. April 23, 2012 / 8:01 PM

Love that style of couch but I never see them in my area….

Great after!

8. April 23, 2012 / 8:48 PM

I have that same couch!! Mine is pink and tufted- but I did paint the trim white…can’t decide on whether to upholster it or not!!

9. April 23, 2012 / 8:51 PM

Glad you’re feeling chpperer..er. Anyway, sorry about the weight gain, could be because sugar and grain makes us gain, and that’s all you ate!

10. April 23, 2012 / 9:10 PM

Wow, what an amazing transformation! Glad you’re feeling better as well 🙂

11. April 24, 2012 / 1:50 AM