Mod Men

Mod Men
As you may know, there has been much illness swirling around casa de Allen for the last few weeks.  I’ve been housebound for so long, it honestly took me a minute to remember how to start my car yesterday.  Where did I go?  To buy orange juice and medicine.  We are living large.  Anyway, all of this couch time has made me and Netflix a lot closer.  I blew through the first season of Mad Men and I’m well into the second, and um … it’s great?  I like it, and it’s critically acclaimed and whatever, and the characters are so well-drawn, but wow, it’s kind of a downer, huh?   Will I keep watching it?  Yes.

Anyway, there is some rocking set design on that show, which is practically the best part.  Katie’s little dresser would fit right in after she gave it a mod makeover and just a hint of color with Behr’s Rain Washed. Looks like a star to me!  Check it out on her blog At Home When I’m With You.

sponsored by:

Cliq Studios produces quality kitchen cabinets at discount prices.

1. April 19, 2012 / 9:56 PM

AMEN, Girl. I can’t stop watching it but those people seriously live such sad lives. Anyway, that dresser is fantastic!

2. April 19, 2012 / 10:05 PM

I just started Mad Men on Netflix too! Have one more episode to watch and I’m done till they put this season on. VERY damaged people on that show! But that’s what makes them so interesting. Every time I think I’m over Don they show a soft side to him and his scumbag characteristics fade away…… Not so with Betty – what a witch.

3. April 20, 2012 / 2:59 AM

Did you rock the robe at the grocery?

I got hooked on “Mad Men” while I was home, recovering from an illness, during the second season. Perhaps it worms its retro way into our medicated brains? Don’s easy on the eyes, so fever, or no, still watching…

4. April 20, 2012 / 7:46 AM

I really like it both way

5. April 20, 2012 / 12:43 PM

I hope the sickies escape your house soon and everyone is back to good health!! Loving the redo…i see dressers like this ALL the time at goodwill…its time to take one home with me!!
    CHeers
    ~ Jillian

6. June 15, 2012 / 3:24 PM

I wish you had kept the original handles!