Incrediberry

Incrediberry
Does your dining room look like it survived an epic Kool-Aid flood?  If the answer is yes, then it’s probably time for some updatin’.  Brighten things up like Annie did with classic paneling and a neutral color scheme that won’t leave you craving a tall glass of Purplesaurus Rex.  (Actually, I think it’s more of a Black Cherry, but that flavor isn’t nearly as catchy).
Check out more from Annie on her blog Behind Our Front Door.

1. April 25, 2012 / 9:38 PM

Eh, I find the new look really boring.

2. April 25, 2012 / 9:45 PM

I like how they painted the inset a different color — really sets it off!

3. April 25, 2012 / 9:56 PM

Seriously Katie? Would you walk into someone’s home and say that? Of course not. Not all opinions need to be shared.

4. April 25, 2012 / 10:26 PM

I saw the after and it was refreshing to know that people still like the look of wood! It’s a great spin on a classic and the little and simple details make it really elegant and festive!

5. April 25, 2012 / 10:30 PM

I think the new look looks fresh and clean. I think painting the nook a different colour, and adding a eye-catching dresser livens up the room. Otherwise it might have looked a little cold and uninteresting. Well done!!

6. April 26, 2012 / 1:01 AM

I love it!

And as for the first rude comment from Katie…perhaps you would like to share your dining room with us if you can do better?

7. Anonymous
    April 26, 2012 / 3:24 AM

Nice makeover, love the fabric on the chairs!

8. April 26, 2012 / 3:29 AM

I think its really pretty and that a lot of work went into this room!

And I find the first comment…boring. 🙂

9. April 26, 2012 / 9:43 AM

I would agree Kate on one aspect: the color. I just think maybe she was too blunt, LOL. I love bright, yet soothin blues and greens, personally, but not everyone has my taste. Lol. The dining room AFTER is still gorgeous and outranks mine in terms of style! I love the inset sideboard and the color contrast! And the b&b is fabulous!

10. April 26, 2012 / 1:29 PM

Not everyone has to like the after. It’s OK to have that opinion. BUT, I will say Katie, even if you think it’s boring, you can at least agree that it’s a definite improvement over the “before”, right?

11. April 26, 2012 / 1:29 PM

12. April 26, 2012 / 1:55 PM

LOVELY PICS:) I really like your blog and will happily follow.

If you want some swedish decor inspiration, you can check out my blog:)
    Have a great week.

LOVE Maria at inredningsvis.se
    (Sweden)

13. April 26, 2012 / 6:04 PM

I LOVE her decision to leave the window bare! When no privacy is needed, a window shouldn’t be hidden behind drapes!

14. April 26, 2012 / 8:51 PM

LOVE THIS!!!

15. April 26, 2012 / 11:41 PM

Perhaps I was a trifle blunt. I tend to have that problem on occasion.

Not everyone needs to have the same opinion, and this room is sorely lacking color. The inset painted a different color is a nice decision, as is the wainscoting and bare window, although I do like the cranberry color – I just wouldn’t have executed in in quite that manner.

I just don’t see much personality in this room – it looks staged for sale, not for living in.

16. April 27, 2012 / 2:12 AM

I think I know what it is that makes it look bare other than the window–I just noticed that there aren’t any frilly-frilly things, like wall hangings and such, or even a sideboard or something. THAT’S what it is! Still, it’s a big improvement over that cranberry color!! 🙂

Serena
    Thrift Diving

17. Anonymous
    May 5, 2012 / 11:59 AM

I LOVE it too!! The details on the judges molding are just fantastic.

Maybe Katie would like to post pics of her work. Probably nothing to brag about. How rude she is.