Teal-aqu-orquise, or whatever you call it.

Teal-aqu-orquise, or whatever you call it.
Teal … aqua … peacock blue … turquoise; whatever you want to call it, its still going strong.  Maybe someday it will be the avocado green of the color wheel, but let’s hope that day is far away.  (I quietly predict that day will never come, judging by all the roadside turquoise jewelry my grandma still wears that is decades old and still looks totally hip).  Turquoise Forever, who’s with me?!
Well, here we go:

First, a little hutch redo from Kara at Decor Voyeur that looks so much cuter now that it has been de-fronded, or whatever the heck used to be painted on there, in favor of distressed aqua and red knobs. Aqua and red!  Surely this is a timeless color combo?  How can it get old?  I submit that it cannot.

Did you know that turquoise looks pretty rad next to walnut stain?  I did not, but now I do thanks to Jennifer from The Magic Brush! Be sure to check out her blog for the story of how she had to outwit a potentially dangerous Eskimo stalker to buy this hutch.

Ahh, yes, here’s another classic look, bronze and turquoise. Or, as Dionne calls it, teal-icous! Or, it we want to get all nitpicky about it, Venezuelan Blue, which is what Benjamin Moore calls it. I think we can all agree it looks awesome. See it on her blog The Turquoise Iris

This hutch was perfect for a little girl’s room, if that little girl enjoyed smoking pipes in the drawing room after dinner.  Fortunately Brooke’s daughter did not, so Brooke youth-ified it with happy aqua paint and a bold black outline for her bedroom instead.  Did I mention she found it for free too?  No fair. See more on her blog Covered in Grace.

Would you enjoy some Aqua Chiffon with your laundry? (Isn’t that the perfect paint color name for a laundry room?) If you’re going to do chores, do them in style right?  That’s why I always insist on cleaning the house in my feather boa and tiara.  Not really, my feather boa makes such a mess.  See all the many details Michelle put into this room on her blog Sweet Something Designs.  (My favorite is the floor!)

And finally,  Better After reader Kristy found this table set for $50 on craigslist, but wasn’t digging its deep dark stain. So she sanded the life out of it and painted and (lightly) re-stained for a completely new look.  Who knew all that fabulous wood grain was in hiding under there?  I almost thought she had faux-ed it!

Hope you enjoyed this aqua round-up!  Great job and high-fives to everyone!

Pin It

1. March 8, 2012 / 10:06 PM

I agree! I just painted my first piece in turquoise & I love it!!!

2. March 8, 2012 / 10:49 PM

I just wanted you to know that I’m a relatively new follower of your blog and I think you’re hilarious. I literally just laughed out loud at your “this hutch was perfect for a little girl’s room, if that little girl enjoyed smoking pipes in the drawing room after dinner” comment. 🙂

3. March 9, 2012 / 12:03 AM

Thanks for the feature! You and I are on the same storybook page here…I would paint everything turquoise…I sort of do, even my front door!

4. March 9, 2012 / 12:23 AM

I am so with you!!! Half of the things I own are turquoise…

5. March 9, 2012 / 2:59 AM

Ugh, the last one makes me cringe! I can’t believe she painted and restained over that beautiful cherry wood! I LOVE the before and hate the after on that one, a rarity on this website!

6. March 9, 2012 / 3:36 AM

Turquoise Forever!!

7. March 9, 2012 / 4:51 AM

Actually, that last table was a cheapo craigslist find, despite the solid mahogany vibe it gives off in the picture …

8. March 9, 2012 / 5:38 AM

Yay! Thank you so much for featuring my bebe’s turquoise cabinet!
    I sooo love your blog. Everyone is so creative!
    That pipe-smoking in the drawing room is cracking me up!

9. March 9, 2012 / 12:23 PM

Também amo a cor azul! Acho tudo muito lindo no seu blog. Já sou sua seguidora há um tempo. Se um dia quiser conhecer meu blog: re-inventos.blogspot.com Um lindo dia para você.

10. March 9, 2012 / 9:06 PM

Love the laundry room re-do! That color totally perks up the small space and I appreciate anything that makes chores bearable 🙂

11. March 10, 2012 / 1:01 AM

Great finds love them all

12. Jennifer C
    March 14, 2012 / 6:19 PM

ha ha ha! I just threw out my daughter’s pink feather boa yesterday for that exact reason! Between her goose down comforter/pillow and the boa, my vaccuum was full of feathers yesterday. I was DONE!