Going Green

Going Green
St. Patrick’s day is a holiday I don’t quite know what to do with, because I am not Irish, nor do I drink, nor do I feel like spending an hour and a half making rainbow colored pancakes like all those super-moms on Pinterest.  But I can wear green, if I happen to remember!  And I can also share some green makeovers with you today!  Huzzah!  (Is that an Irish phrase?  Not sure.  They always say it at the Renaissance Festival though, so … close enough?)  Blarney!  I don’t know.
So, please enjoy this great chair makeover from Robin at Madison Modern Home.

Holy Shamrocks!  A leprechaun!

Kelly AKA The Ridiculous Redhead knew this dresser could be cute. She just didn’t know there were eight layers of paint lurking under there, including one layer so permanently adhered she wondered if NASA had gone through a dresser-painting phase in their past.  But she sand-blasted through it and has this Celtic-inspired dresser to show for it.  (Celtic is the same as Irish, right? Or somewhere in the neighborhood, at least?)

And another chair goes green from Antonia at Voodoo Molly.  Great job here!  Something tells me it wasn’t always meant to have that strangely tall cushion in the back.

But sometimes green is a bad thing.  Sometimes you need to de-green.  Antonia to the rescue again!
She modernized this matronly sofa, and again, it looks like it was always meant to be white and streamlined.  She’s got the knack!  Paddy whack!  See, I’m totally Irishy.  See more on her blog HERE.

Pin It
This post sponsored by:

1. March 16, 2012 / 2:37 PM

Thanks for sharing all these before and afters, going to check out all their sites now! And I love the “Christmas Story” lamp on your page haha

2. March 16, 2012 / 3:51 PM

Found you through someone’s followers via linky party. I’m your newest follower, Jacque from It’s A Handmade World. Love your blog. Would love for your to check out mine at http://www.hopesanddreamsstudio.blogspot.com/ and leave a button on the Page for Blog Buttons so everyone can find you. If you have a place for my button, would love you to post it too. Come by and check us out.
    Thanks and nice to meet ya.
    Jacque

3. March 16, 2012 / 5:00 PM

I love the dresser! I have been looking for ideas for one of my dressers.

4. March 16, 2012 / 5:01 PM

that dresser is awesome!

5. March 16, 2012 / 5:56 PM

That couch is great! Love the lines!

6. March 16, 2012 / 6:24 PM

Celtic/Irish/same thing.

Dunno about the Huzzah thing though.

These things look awesome!

7. March 17, 2012 / 1:12 PM

I love your blog! I don’t have a blog or anything to advertise, just love stoping by from time to time and seeing all the inspiration. You have great submissions!!!!

8. Karen
    March 17, 2012 / 6:41 PM

Wow, a multi-before and after in which I like every single one! Awesome! I love how beautiful they got the wood on that third chair.

9. March 18, 2012 / 5:07 AM

I totally enjoyed~giggled my way thru your comments. Love the afters of the befores, starting my adventure on my first piece this week. A little endtable/ nightstand, I have so many ideas for such a small piece. I really need to make some decisions, get over the AWE & dive in. Your blog is suchan inspiration ~

10. March 22, 2012 / 4:01 PM

Thanks for featuring us again, Lindsey! We love to see what everyone else is doing out there too and we get more ideas every day! We’ve got lots more B&A’s on our blog: http://madisonhome.tumblr.com