Window Suite

Window Suite
I try not to get all political up in my blog, but I have to say this.  It should be a crime to have an un-utilized window seat in your house.  Do you have a window seat in your house? Do you know how lucky you are?  Do you know how many of us go without?  And have long dreamed of lounging in a window seat of our very own, gazing meaningfully out into space while pretending we are Reese Witherspoon circa Man in the Moon?  A hypothetical example, of course.  Anyway, if you’ve got one of those window seats, do something about it!

Brook not only made her window seat a desirable destination, she also transformed the whole guest bedroom into a happy, homey, welcoming space. And you can see more on her blog Your Favorite Raymonds, although I just thought of a good name for a blog if your name is Brook: Babbling Brook!  Ha, ha, that’s cute isn’t it?  No?  Oh, just let me have my fun.

this post sponsored by

1. January 5, 2012 / 7:53 PM

This makes me sad that I only have a wee flat, and my windows aren’t low enough for one! 🙁 So beautiful! Love the pop of yellow 🙂 x

2. January 5, 2012 / 8:07 PM

Your writing is so funny, I don’t even have to like the thing you’re featuring (although I almost always do!) because you’re such a delight to read!

“…get all political up in my blog”
    Hahahaha!

3. January 5, 2012 / 8:18 PM

I don’t have any window seats right now but I may be moving in the next few months to a house that has a beautiful bay window, window-seat! I can’t wait!

4. January 5, 2012 / 8:34 PM

I have 2 very deep window lwdgws in my dining room that would be perfect for window seats – but you’d need a ladder to then get on them!
    Love these though, thanks for sharing.

5. January 5, 2012 / 8:40 PM

The whole makeover is lovely! And I agree; your writing is very funny 😉

6. January 5, 2012 / 8:48 PM

Love that she put the curtains on the outside of the window seat. makes it more cozy. Beautiful! And, yes, I’m jealous.

7. January 5, 2012 / 9:33 PM

AWESOME! 🙂

8. January 5, 2012 / 9:44 PM

This is killer! It looks fabulous. Love the colours. It has been… well forever since my last confession but I have an unutilised window seat. Please forgive me. But I will make it my mission in 2012 to do something about it I promise.

9. January 5, 2012 / 10:00 PM

I have always wanted a window seat, even way back when I was a kid, but none have come to my house to live….at least not in my bedroom.

Hubby made one for daughter’s room when she was a teenager and the same daughter has one in her house now very similar to the one you show. But for me? No There is no justice in the world! 🙂

10. January 5, 2012 / 10:12 PM

hey 🙂

those butterfly magnets, I made them… bought the verdigris butterflies on etsy, superglued small magnets from my local hobby store onto the back… finnished 🙂

11. January 5, 2012 / 10:15 PM

Love this! Yellow black and grey are my faces lately!

12. Anonymous
    January 5, 2012 / 10:35 PM

I always wanted a window seat like that! Good job!!! LOVE IT!–Mumzy

13. January 6, 2012 / 12:01 AM

Love the color combo! Grey and yellow are PERRRRRRRRRRRFECT!

14. January 6, 2012 / 1:12 AM

Hi! Love the yellow & grey combo. I was in World Market today and they had the prettiest grey and yellow striped pillows! You need to check them out! 🙂

15. January 6, 2012 / 2:49 PM

Love the window seat! I’m lusting after one in my heart and hope to be able to create one, hopefully this year.

16. January 6, 2012 / 6:13 PM

Thank you for another great post. I look forward to many more entries with high quality info.