Wash, Rinse, Repeat

Wash, Rinse, Repeat
It seems like my New Year’s resolution EVERY year is to get organized. (This never happens).  So this year I didn’t make any resolutions! I feel more organized already!  (This is not true).
Anyway,  if YOU are looking to get more organized, why not start in the laundry room?  I tried the little trick of labeling my laundry baskets a few months ago (after getting over my laundry basket racism fears) and it totally worked!  The kids think it’s a great big game to sort the laundry.  It’s crazy how much time that really has saved me.  I recommend it.  I also recommend checking out Karen’s cute laundry room/closet makeover for more laundry inspiration!  I don’t know, this might actually make doing the laundry … fun?!

this post sponsored by

1. January 5, 2012 / 12:11 AM

Lovely! My favorite detail is also the smallest; that little blue jewel hanging from the light pull? Fabulous!

2. January 5, 2012 / 2:01 AM

That’s so pretty! I haven’t ever “decorated” my laundry room, but in our next house, I absolutely plan on it! 🙂

3. January 5, 2012 / 3:35 AM

Would love to decorate my laundry area. The first thing would be a box like yours with the music!! Love that! Do you have close up pics of it?

4. January 5, 2012 / 11:46 AM

Simply awesome!!! I wish this was my laundry area! Sigh….

5. January 5, 2012 / 2:22 PM

So cute! If I had this laundry room I might roll around in dirt just so I could spend some time in there!

6. January 19, 2012 / 11:00 PM

This is so pretty, I love the fabric she used. Does she have a blog?

7. Karen
    January 20, 2012 / 5:48 PM

Thanks for the compliments! Suzy-Q, the box was what my sister-in-law put my Christmas present in, her little boy had pulled apart one of her music books (The Messiah, aptly enough) so she just taped the pages over a regular cardboard box and added a little glittery tag to it. Very easy. The curtain is a shower curtain from Walmart, Better Homes & Gardens brand. I added a black band of fabric to the bottom and hot-glued some trim over the seam. I can’t tell you how pleasant it is to have something lovely to look at when I do laundry now. :^)