Put it in your pocket.

Put it in your pocket.
Someone please tell me why there aren’t more pocket doors in the world?  They make so much sense. Natalie knew a pocket door was in order when she redid her laundry room, one, because her old door kept ramming into the new washer, and two, did you see the door?  It’s amazingcakes.  That thing had to be put to good use somewhere!  I would take it to bed and cuddle it at night if I had nowhere else to put it.  But luckily she did, and it looks fantastic.  This just in: I just now realized that this is actually a sliding door, and not a pocket door, but, whatever, I declare it fantastic all the same.
Also fantastic: the whitewashed floors that she did herself!  Great job Natalie!  See more on her blog Natalme.

1. January 10, 2012 / 11:59 PM

I agree!, pocket doors should be everywhere. They save so much space.

2. January 11, 2012 / 12:42 AM

Love it! I have a laundry room with the same kind of layout, only across from the washer/dryer is my crafting/sewing area. The door is forever in the way, but I’ve avoided just taking it off completely because I don’t always want to hear the laundry noise going on up in there. 🙂

What a perfect solution. Now, to find me someone handy to figure out how to get it done. I’ll be scoping out my local Habitat for Humanity ReStore for a cool old door. What an awesome project – thanks for featuring it!

3. January 11, 2012 / 1:34 AM

Uhhhh, i don’t know what a pocket door is… but from the sound of it all, i’m pretty sure i will never be happy again unless i have one! i’m going to google it right now…

Cindy

4. January 11, 2012 / 1:35 AM

Ohhhhhhhh, now i see. Geeesh, why would builders put in anything else!?

Cindy

5. January 11, 2012 / 2:22 AM

Okay, seriously, pocket door & whitewash floors are 2 of my absolute favorite designs! Both will be in my home one day.

6. January 11, 2012 / 2:23 AM

Natalie, you are so cute! I am so glad that you put your picture up so that I can see what you look like!!

7. January 11, 2012 / 4:08 AM

I love that door. Seriously, it makes me want to go find one of my own!

Thanks for the inspiration!
    Allysonhttp://cupcakescandycanes.blogspot.com

8. January 11, 2012 / 1:38 PM

I also LOVE pocket doors! They make so much sense.

9. January 11, 2012 / 1:39 PM

I also LOVE pocket doors! They make so much sense.

10. January 11, 2012 / 2:01 PM

I have a pocket door off my laundry room and the only thing I don’t like about it is that you can’t utilize the wall that it is hidden in because anything (like screws) that stick in to far can damage the door and hinder the sliding action. But a sliding door? Same small space but still can use the other side of the wall. Love!

11. January 11, 2012 / 3:50 PM

LOVE LOVE LOVE it. Also – love your pin it buttons – so much easier than going to my bookmarks 🙂

12. Nathan
    January 11, 2012 / 7:30 PM

Johnson Hardware makes a wall-mounted sliding door systems for those of you that don’t want to reframe the wall, but want to switch out a swinging door for a sliding door. Just an FYI. You can check the hardware out at the following link:

13. January 13, 2012 / 3:40 PM

I thoiught I recognized this laundry room! I love Natalie’s blog and am glad you do too!

14. January 13, 2012 / 3:41 PM

This comment has been removed by the author.