My Claim to Frame

My Claim to Frame
Lindsey is a girl who has a great big boring mirror in her bathroom and would like to do something about it. Someday. Eventually.  (hint: me)  Another girl named Lindsay (but with an A) also had a great big boring mirror in her bathroom, and actually DID something about it.  (not me. dangit.)
But I love this look!  I’m pretty sure this is a project I could handle, and I’ve almost talked myself into it a few times. But then I remember it involves a bunch of measuring and angles and mathy stuff.  Stuff that makes my brain wither up.  Wither up into little uncooperative raisin. A raisin that is also crying.  Um … sorry I’m not more of a motivational blogger.  Look, pictures!

See more from Lindsay on her blog  Southern Lovely.

Pin It

1. January 18, 2012 / 11:34 PM

awesome! I did something similar to my bathroom mirror at my old place… well, my dad cut it and I supervised. I love the crown moulding look of this one!

2. January 19, 2012 / 12:13 AM

Aw, thank you so much Lindsey with an ‘E’. 🙂 You are too kind, what a fun surprise to see this pop up in my reader. 🙂

3. January 19, 2012 / 2:52 AM

I have a mirror like that too, and i’m like you, math and angles and numbers make my eyes glaze over… literally…

Cindy

4. January 19, 2012 / 3:07 AM

Yes, yes that is indeed a LOVELY job she did there. I agree, when it involves, measuring and mathy numbers I just throw my hands up and say…let someone else do it. However, I will say this. Her mirror is so fantastically gorgeous now, the cabinets are a sad sad thing. Perhaps those are next on her list to tackle. Just sayin.

5. January 19, 2012 / 3:07 AM

6. January 19, 2012 / 3:07 AM

7. January 19, 2012 / 3:12 AM

You can do this one for sure! It doesn’t use angles at all! Straight cuts and you’re good to go. I wish that I had done it this way. It is beautiful!

8. January 19, 2012 / 3:20 AM

You know, my whole house has wonderful trim work and crown molding. Everywhere. Places I don’t really want it. But I have a mirror like this before photo – big and plain. In fact I have two like that. I think I need to put the man in charge of making stuff on to a mirror re-do. Your’s looks fantastic.

~Bliss~

9. January 19, 2012 / 6:44 AM

Good idea and something I can actually see myself doing!

10. January 19, 2012 / 8:56 AM

Wow, it looks amazing. So different. I have a wood framed bathroom mirror and vanity and have been debating whether to paint it white. Your’s looks awesome! Will you paint the wood on the vanity as well? x J

11. January 19, 2012 / 12:17 PM

Hey, thanks for all your sweet comments, I really appreciate your input! Now about my cabinets, they will be on our list, if we end up staying in this home. There is a big possibility that we may be relocating for my husbands job.

12. January 19, 2012 / 12:35 PM

I have read your blog every day for months now, but this is my first time to comment. I love all that you share and find inspiration in nearly every post. Thanks.

13. Karen
    January 19, 2012 / 5:40 PM

“A raisin that is also crying.” Hahahaha! Thanks for that hilarious word picture. :^)
    LOVE the mirror, what a fantastic idea!

14. January 19, 2012 / 10:25 PM

Awesome! I have a great big plain mirror like that too! (I guess it’s an Arizona builders thing) Maybe I’ll check into dressing mine up.

15. Anonymous
    January 26, 2012 / 7:44 AM

I don’t think the cabinets are bad! (And I am quite picky when it comes to cabinets) they obviously aren’t my favorite.. but they look fine to me! And the cost of replacing them….. love the mirror