Modern and Homey, Homie.

Modern and Homey, Homie.
As you may know, I am a big proponent of “using what you have.” That’s why my family ate a spinach-asparagus-rice-and-cheddar casserole for dinner last night. True. It wasn’t as bad as it sounds.  Ok, it was. I was too tired to go grocery shopping.  But shopping around your house for items to use in a makeover instead of spending extra cash at a store?  That’s a recipe for success!
So check out these room redos that made magic out of a little refreshing and rearranging instead of a total renovation.  First this bedroom got a major update with some new linens and a homemade headboard!  Yup, nothing much more than plywood under there! See the tutorial on Sandi’s blog Making it Homey.

And resident staging expert Robin from Madison Modern Home de-brownified this monotone living room with fresh paint and a lil’ furniture swapping.  Robin says she was aiming for a casual, coastal vibe by incorporating colors of sand, sea and sky, while trying to avoid “beach” cliches (like lighthouses)  Check and check.  And that spooky hovering puppet is gone too, so double bonus!
Thanks ladies!

Pin It

1. January 31, 2012 / 1:51 PM

Both great makeovers!

2. January 31, 2012 / 2:02 PM

You going to post the spinach-asparagus-rice-and-cheddar casserole recipe for all of us? I think the combo of the asparagus and spinach at my house would, ummm, offer propellants for my boys the next day. Yeah that’s it, propellants.

~Bliss~

3. January 31, 2012 / 4:02 PM

Ooh, I really like both of these rooms. They look so peaceful. Now, if I could ever get more than one project finished, I’d have a whole room done, too.

4. January 31, 2012 / 4:20 PM

Wonderful before and after photos. I love it when the sea cottage inspired rooms ae simple and chic, letting go of all cheesy obvious beach knick knacks.

5. February 1, 2012 / 4:43 PM

Lindsey, you’re the best! Thanks for featuring us again. Love being part of the Better After community.

– Robin

6. February 1, 2012 / 10:30 PM

Lindsey, thank you so much for featuring my headboard and bedroom. I love how it turned out and wonder why I waited so long to do it. Thanks again. Sandi

7. February 1, 2012 / 10:30 PM