Little Momma, Big Sledgehammer

Little Momma, Big Sledgehammer
Well hello!  I hope you are having a happy Monday!  I am trying to, despite the fact that our bathroom flooded this weekend and now my whole upstairs is damp and smelling mildewy.  Blarf.   “But Lindsey,” you are thinking “didn’t your bathroom just flood a few months ago?”  YES. That is correct. Double blarf.  Maybe it will all lead to some grand renovation, much like this one from Nicole at This Little Momma!  (Annnd segue!)
This kitchen was first on the list in a house full of rooms that hadn’t been touched since the Eisenhower Era; back when kitchens were commonly itty-bitty, and apparently people were too, because those cabinets look four feet high.  Nicole did all the demo herself and is now enjoying a kitchen with all the modern day perks, like working appliances, lighting beyond a single fixture, and attractiveness!

Pin It

And, if you’d be so kind … please check out the Sunday Sweets post I did over on Cake Wrecks this weekend!.

1. January 23, 2012 / 4:11 PM

While I’m always partial to white kitchens I love the color of the cabinets! What a great re-do.

2. January 23, 2012 / 4:14 PM

Oh WOW. This is really impressive! Fabulous makeover!

3. January 23, 2012 / 4:39 PM

Oooh, sorry to hear about your upstairs flood. BTDT, got the moldy t-shirt. Hope yours is fixed for good this time.

That is a great makeover, but what is so impressive is that she gutted the kitchen herself. That takes some brawn!

4. January 23, 2012 / 4:52 PM

Find the culprit causing the leaks. Beat them senseless and install a cork. Once is enough on bathroom flooding, egads I am feeling your pain, or smelling your smell!

~Bliss~

5. January 23, 2012 / 4:57 PM

So sorry ’bout the flooding in the house!

6. January 23, 2012 / 5:19 PM

Love to see dark cabinets. I’m itching to paint my orangey wood builder cabinets black, but I’m so worried it’ll turn my kitchen into a black hole.

7. January 23, 2012 / 5:44 PM

now THAT is a makeover! You wouldn’t even recognize that it’s the same kitchen! Great feature 🙂

8. January 23, 2012 / 6:16 PM

I feel your pain, my bathroom floods every time it rains, despite a few trips by the landlord to “assess the problem” and a few roofers despite the fact that I tell them the water is coming from the floor, NOT the roof!

9. January 23, 2012 / 7:51 PM

That is one gorgeous kitchen!
    You might check with your insurance company about your flood. I did that in our last house and there was more than $20,000 of damage. Yikes! They don’t pay for mold later but they will fix it now 🙂

10. January 24, 2012 / 12:10 AM

Great job and sorry about your stinky bathroom flood, NO fun! 🙁

11. January 24, 2012 / 1:41 AM

Holy Moly! That’s one amazing makeover! And, only you could come up with a word as awesome as “Blarf” !

Cindy

12. Anonymous
    January 24, 2012 / 5:16 AM

so sad. the before pic was amazing. the after is just not very exciting, unfortunatly.

better luck next time 🙂

13. January 25, 2012 / 8:54 PM

How utterly lovely! In a sea of white kitchens, this one stands out. We are in the middle of a Kitchen Reno and it is always nice to see DIY kitchens that people have done themselves.

14. Anonymous
    February 3, 2012 / 9:24 PM

I really liked the retro kitchen, although I would have replaced the hanging lamp in the forground. Now it’s just another nice, nondescript kitchen.