Honey, I bunked the kids!

Nikki from Grand Design Co. is one of the craftiest people walking the earth, this is a fact.  Her son’s before bedroom can attest to that, as she single-handedly hung all that beadboard and moulding, repurposed the globe, painted the chalkboard border (genius!), and probably sewed the comforters and laid the carpet. I wouldn’t be surprised if she smelted those beds out of old pipes she found in her garage too. She’s handy.
So handy that none of that stuff was even a challenge. No, she wanted to stretch herself.  She wanted to build quadruple bunk beds in a weekend.  And she did.  Actually, there are two trundle beds underneath each side, so that’s like sextuple bunk beds, which sounds kind of wrong to say in a kid’s room, but amazing nonetheless.  Kinda makes my weekend marathon of Toddlers n’ Tiaras look unproductive in comparison.

Pin It

Subscribe Contact Pinterest Twitter Instagram Facebook
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Comments

1. Oh wow! That is amazing. Altho I don’t think I would want to have to be the one to change the bedding in the upper bunks. Not sure my big ol butt would fit :(

2. Smelted? That’s a funny word. I’m not that amazing. But thanks for making people think I am.

See you at the glitter academy!

Also, thanks for the shout out. It gives me false hope that I have a lot of readers ;)

3. Wow! That’s all I can say..

4. All I can say is AMAZING!
    ~Tami @ Curb Alert!

5. Anonymous says:

Love the new look! sorry to say this but the before photo looks like old hospital beds (but maybe that was her intent). love the stairs going up between the two sets of beds :)

6. Brilliant.

7. i love the bunkbeds but i love the old iron beds just as much – cool

8. Going over to the Grandy’s blog. I don’t want her to hope to be false.

~Bliss~

9. Anonymous says:

I am in love with this redo. I want this in my twins room

10. Oh my gosh my bunk beds were NEVER that cool!

11. That’s AWESOME! My favorite part? You can just tuck in the end of the bedding on the top bunks, and the rest can be a hot mess since no one can see them! That’s the worst part about bunkbeds… making the top bunk.

12. THIS.IS.AMAZING!!!!!! WOW!!!! I’m just speechless!!!

13. Wow, that is incredible!!!

14. I would have loved hiding from my Mom in those top bunks, perfect containers for children.

15. Holy cow. That’s A-MAZ-ING.

16. Lovely! That’ll house a lot of kids! Very similar to this example: http://www.alamodemaven.com/search/label/Guest%20Home%20Tours
    but I think I like this interpretation better! Good on the trundles, too! And completed in two days? That’s AMAZING! Thanks for your hard work and sharing!

17. This is truly one of the best makeovers I have seen! Love, love, love the creative idea and the loads of extra space that was gained.

18. Shut the front door!!! That is amazing AND a woman built it! Girl power!

19. wowZA!

20. Anonymous says:

The before beds remind me of something u would see in annie! Lol or a shared nursery (like peter pan)

21. It’s a beautiful and comfortable place!

22. I am gobsmacked! That is outta this world! She certainly is a clever kid :)

23. Love your blog. Your sense of humor cracks me up….or one of the funniest sayings I have read lately…you make me laugh until tears run down my legs!

24. I think this is my favorite makeover on this blog so far.

25. Wow! amazing! :o)
    I wish, I had something like this when I was a kid.

26. LOVE!!!!!!

27. So. Flipping. Amazing. I napped all weekend while she did this!
    Stacy

28. Very beautiful and very cool!!! I definitely want this in my home even though I’m down to two out of three boys.

29. Very beautiful and very cool!!! I definitely want this in my home even though I’m down to two out of three boys.

30. This is truly a beautiful piece! I am trying to get my mom to have this in my room. This would be perfect because the top bunks could also work as like a hang out quiet space with like bean bags and such. If she says yes, I can’t imagine how much space would be saved! Great Job! You better pat yourself on your back for this one!

31. Anonymous says:

How long was the wall that the beds were on? I have 3 boys and this would be awesome, but I don’t know if it would fit in their room! pianojen5@yahoo.com

32. Anonymous says:

I would like to know the demensions of the room, the beds (width and length), height, and if you had to wire the lighting. Thanks!! kimpossible73@att.net

33. Did you use twin size beds?? Could you please tell me a short summary of how you did it and the measurements please, my email is jules_4209@hotmail.com Thanks

34. Anonymous says:

Do you have plans for this bunk bed? If so, can you email me at laura.sullivan@creditdusters.com? Our family is taking in foster children and this would be perfect for their room!

35. I saw this on Pinterest, and I fell in love with it!!!!! My mom and I are moving, and I’d love to have this as my bed!!!!! What I’d love to see is a version of this, but with only 2 beds instead of 4.