Wear it Down

Wear it Down
If you can tell by the left side of this before picture here, Jenny’s table was some kind of funky, rusty, fake wood color.  The right side is where she had already started sanding, I assume.  I wouldn’t know because I always skip that step.  Sanding?  Psh!  PRIMING?  Hah!  That’s why my projects never turn out all that amazing.  Laziness: a quiet curse.  (Jenny’s got my back though, because she actually started that sanding job … um … three years ago.  Then she got busy and stuff.  So they just used the table like that for three years.  I totally understand.)
Anyway, after sanding and stripping and many coats of poly, she got down deep into the grain for a heavily weathered look, making her old table look even older.  But older in a much cooler way!
See the how to on her blog Days of Chalk and Chocolate . (Warning: you are in for a surprise.  A very hairy, cummerbund-ed, awesome surprise.)

1. December 16, 2011 / 1:51 AM

Pretty awesome, huh?

2. December 16, 2011 / 1:52 AM

I think this is fantastic! I love how you feature so many re-dos that take something that looks totally cheap and ugly and make it look classy.

3. December 16, 2011 / 3:01 AM

BAHAHAHAHAHA!!! I had to see what could possibly be so hairy about a table refinish. That is SOME hair!! Did we actually think that was hot at one time? Please no!

4. December 16, 2011 / 4:54 AM

Could you tell me what kind of finish you use on the top to make it so shiny? Thank you!

5. December 16, 2011 / 6:53 AM

I don’t do much else but stay in my hotel roomby Revathi

6. December 16, 2011 / 7:33 AM

Novel Drug Delivery System (NDDS): Development of nanotechnology-based, sustained release and targeted delivery formulations with NDDS to reduce adverse drug reactions and side-effects in the therapeutic areas of oncology, NSAID, neuro science, arthritic disorders, stress and lifestyle related diseases, immuno chemistry, infectious diseases and wound healing.
    ” rel=”nofollow”>Treatment of brain abscess