Tile it up!

Tile it up!
A few years ago we lived in Layton, UT, in a house that was about 30 years old.  I’m pretty sure the bathroom had never been remodeled once in those 30 years.  Elizabeth’s before bathroom here is giving me a total flashback, only replace that brown and beige tile with ALL brown, but a poopier shade, and replace that small frosted window with a full-size regular window (why, WHY!?!) and there you have my old bathroom. Try to contain your jealousy.
I wish I had known how big of a difference new tile would have made back then, this looks 100 years newer!  And don’t you love how the tile goes all the way up to the ceiling?  Why did no one think of that 30 years ago?  Was there a tragic tile shortage or something?  Were we rationing it for the war?  Was there a war?  I guess we’ll never know.
See more from Elizabeth on her blog Little Black Door.

1. December 22, 2011 / 11:17 PM

Definitely better and looks much bigger! 🙂

2. December 23, 2011 / 3:00 PM

Love this! I wish her blog had an email contact, cause I need to know some paint colors for her fab dining room redo! If you’re reading this, help a sister out!!!
    🙂

3. December 24, 2011 / 12:53 PM

Hey Rachel! Thanks for the shout out – and for the tip! Duh, an email address would be good. Can you tell I’m new to this whole blogging thing? You can email me at ladybaum@gmail.com. 🙂

4. December 27, 2011 / 1:58 PM

I cry a little every time I see a beautiful vintage bathroom whited out.

5. December 29, 2011 / 7:30 PM

This is awesome! Does anyone know how much a project like this ballparks? I have a feeling a bathroom tile redo might be in my future…
    THANK YOU!

6. January 4, 2012 / 2:37 AM

Thanks AK! Our cost was around $4k. But remember we had to do a lot more than tile – taking the walls down to the studs, pluming, etc. So hopefully the cost for you would be a bit less. 🙂

7. November 28, 2012 / 12:27 PM

I LOVE what you did with your bathroom! Something about all-white rooms just makes my mood better and no matter how dark and cloudy it is outside, that room in your house will always be bright, plus you can add in a pop of color with other accessories to make it more modern!

8. December 17, 2012 / 6:05 PM

Looks gorgeous!! I can’t believe such a simple renovation could bring such life to a room. Truly remarkable design.

-Bronx Shower Doors