Just Grand, It Is!

Just Grand, It Is!
So … you are probably already familiar with Erin from Just Grand, since I’ve featured her about 350 times since discovering her blog. But I can’t help it!  She’s got so many incredible transformations that I get so excited to share!  Like her dilapidated little lake cottage that went from looking like a meth lab to absolutely postcard perfect!   This is her family’s little home away from home on the shores of Lake Michigan, and truth be told, it took at least 4 years of consistent remodeling to get it to this point.  Want to take a little peek inside?
Yikes!  Some extensive remodeling was needed in here too!  I mean, who doesn’t want a Darth Vader fireplace glaring menacingly at them every night, besides everybody?  (Actually, I’m sure someone out there does).
“You have
controlled your fear. Now, release your anger. Only your hatred can
destroy me.”

Hard to believe this used to be the Darth Hearth, huh?  Beautiful!  See more HERE.

1. December 15, 2011 / 8:13 PM

What a gorgeous transformation, very well done! Lotsa work there. (I’ll concede, though, that those furnace things are AWESOME. My inlaws had one and we loved it. They heated their whole house with it. To this day we remember that house fondly and our memories always start with “the house with the furnace thing in living room…”)

2. December 15, 2011 / 8:41 PM

This comment has been removed by the author.

3. December 15, 2011 / 9:03 PM

Love the new look. So pretty.

4. December 15, 2011 / 10:35 PM

Gorgeous! The funny thing is, I know exactly where that is. I live about 8 miles south of there! 🙂

5. December 16, 2011 / 2:19 PM

So fresh and inviting, love it. :)))

6. December 17, 2011 / 11:27 PM

Sorry, I think that furnace corner thing was AWESOME. This was a better before, IMO.

7. December 17, 2011 / 11:27 PM

8. December 20, 2011 / 5:34 AM

This is lovely! The exterior’s wrap-around porch knocks my socks off!

9. Anonymous
    December 23, 2011 / 7:56 AM

I have a soft spot for those types of stoves they are so neat to me. Otherwise, love the room

10. December 23, 2011 / 11:42 AM

It’s been a while since I have stopped by, so I had to catch up quickly on all the makeovers, but I just wanted you to know that your blog rocks my world! Before and afters- love them…your sense of humor- love it. : ) Thanks for all of your hard work!

As for the house…awesome transformation!

11. July 8, 2012 / 1:07 AM

Lindsay, I’ve recently discovered your blog and have reading it out loud to anyone and everyone who happens by, guffawing and knee-slapping as I do. This is one of my personal favorites – although the makeover is, of course, fantastic, it is your running commentary that I really enjoy. I love to come across people who see the world through humor-colored glasses.