Optical Confusion

Optical Confusion
Yellowing cabinets, faded formica, a super strange bathroom vanity thing happening on the opposite wall … Trisha’s kitchen was a huge pile of yikes.  And how about that one cabinet above the sink with the knob right smack dab in the middle?  Is that so it would line up with the others?  So strange!
But the remodel is absolutely fantastic, not a surface went untouched.  I  notice that Trisha also opted for open shelving in place of the window, so I can only assume that the style-deficient previous owners must have built it looking out into the garage or guest bathroom or something equally strange.   There’s no telling.
See more beautification on her blog Southern Charm.

Oh, the enormous mirror!  That’s one way to add an illusion of extra space.  Or you could, you know, just add extra space.  Like cabinets.

Ahh, SO much better.  Thanks Trisha!

1. November 15, 2011 / 8:43 PM

White cabinets are classic — huge imropvement!

2. November 15, 2011 / 8:47 PM

I just need to say that I love your blog. I just finded it and I can’t get enough of it =)

3. November 15, 2011 / 9:20 PM

Sikkim much better!

4. November 15, 2011 / 9:32 PM

I LOVE any project that involves wine! Awesome idea to paint the door. What happened to the mirror? It has potential.

5. November 16, 2011 / 8:55 PM

This is beautiful! I really love the tall finished out cabinets! Well done!

6. November 17, 2011 / 3:18 AM

So pretty! LOL at that vanity in there. Although, applying makeup while waiting for the pot to boil sure is a time saver! I love everything she chose and even that painted door! So pretty!

7. November 17, 2011 / 4:47 PM

Thanks so much Lindsey for featuring my kitchen and I love the humor that you bring to your posts! I loved hearing all of these comments too. Yes, that window was looking into the garage which was not a pretty view. It only made sense to take advantage of the space and cover it up. I still have the mirror but haven’t done anything with it yet. Any suggestions…it’s huge??

8. November 21, 2011 / 9:55 PM

I thought the mirror was pretty! Do you need a mirror in any other part of your house? Or have a frame you want to put a mirror in…? I take all my friends bathroom (or, in your case kitchen mirrors 🙂 and have them cut down to put in old doors.

You can always have a mirror cut and normally the glass guys will do it FOR FREE or a very small charge. I enjoyed looking at your blog TAbbey