Let there be light … over there!

Let there be light … over there!
This great dining room belongs to my sister-in-law, Kalli.  (Oh yeah, and my brother Nate too.  Not that he offers any input about the decor, other than to whine for awhile whenever Kalli moves things around.  Which, to his credit, is about twice a day.)
She had painted this $75 thrift store hutch in order to sell it, but decided she liked it so much, it stayed put.  Now, she just needed to convince Nate to move the wiring so she could center her light over the table, and he was happy to do it.  After much whining.  (Which, to his credit, he had already moved, rewired and patched it from that exact same spot at her request before). Those crazy kids.
Kalli doesn’t have a blog!  Ridiculous, I know.

1. November 16, 2011 / 3:32 PM

Cute, cute, cute. Those hubbys, gotta love them.

xo

2. November 16, 2011 / 4:32 PM

That hutch is gorgeous. I’d keep it too.

3. November 16, 2011 / 5:08 PM

Tell Kalli she did a great job! There’s something really nice about the shape of that hutch. I love that white and dark wood combo on the table too.

4. November 16, 2011 / 6:05 PM

Love it…the room….and the light. 🙂

5. November 16, 2011 / 7:51 PM

Kallis house really is my FAVORITE place to go. I absolutely ADORE it and all her crazy, never ending changing around of all she buys. It’s just so freaking cute there. And seriously, it IS ridiculous that she doesn’t have a blog, showing us all, ALL she does all the time with her thrifty finds.

6. November 16, 2011 / 7:51 PM

7. November 16, 2011 / 7:51 PM

8. November 16, 2011 / 10:38 PM

I really love the hutch & the whole room too, but I’m just dyin’ to put a bit of something decorative on that big, huge empty bottom shelf! Not sure what, but something! Driving me nutso looking at that sittin’ there all empty 😉

9. November 17, 2011 / 3:14 AM

I love it! Such a pretty transformation! That light fixture is awesome!

10. November 17, 2011 / 5:53 PM

2 things:
    1)Think hard before you start a blog, Kalli! I started one (shoestringbean.com) and now my sisters and sister-in-laws harass me daily if I don’t have a new post. Okay, it’s totally worth it. Do it. Lindsey doesn’t seem like the type to give you a hard time…
    2) My husband is an electrician and won’t move my light fixture! I have to swag!

11. November 18, 2011 / 12:04 AM

I really like this one! I love the furniture painted white!

12. November 29, 2011 / 4:43 AM

Looks great! Funny and off topic… I have this same table and chair set, and have been planning on staining the top of it a dark walnut color too! (I am assuming hers used to be light color wood like mine)! Now I know how it would look! I am curious if Kalli stained it, how she stripped it. She totally needs a blog. : )