Just a Formality

Just a Formality
Ahh, yet another formal dining room has meets its demise!  I don’t hate formal dining rooms, nor formal dining, (not that I know what that is, does mac n’ cheese in a plastic IKEA bowl count?)  But I do have a problem with non-functionality. A room that’s only used once or twice a year = waste of space!
Crystal from The Weekend Homeaker felt the same way, and said farewell to her fancy dining room in favor of a sleek home office. I know I would use this a heck of a lot more.  Probably several times a day.  Facebook isn’t going to check itself!

1. November 4, 2011 / 9:32 PM

Plus you can eat at your desk! Totally a win win.

2. November 4, 2011 / 9:53 PM

That is the prettiest office I have ever seen! Great job 🙂

3. November 4, 2011 / 9:55 PM

Looks great! And I recognize that window treatment fabric from young House Love’s dining room makeover:) Great job!

4. November 4, 2011 / 11:07 PM

Great office space. I agree with wasted space – our third bedroom became an office; we even ripped out the closet. I know it devalues our home for resale but while we’re here, its so much better and a trip to the hardware store can reconvert when it comes to sale time.

Love the YHL curtain fabric – looks great in the space.

5. November 4, 2011 / 11:43 PM

Another YHL fan, impressed with this office makeover. I see so many resemblances! Off to read Chrystal’s blog
    Thanks for sharing this!

6. November 5, 2011 / 12:05 AM

This definitely does look like a YHL mash-up. I like it!

7. November 5, 2011 / 9:24 PM

Oh I love this transformation! However, I dream of the day I can have a dining room cuz I would actually use it more than once or twice a year 🙂 (Is that an old-fashioned idea? LOL!)

8. November 6, 2011 / 4:34 AM

I said a bad word when I saw that office…in a good way though. It’s so bright. My husband would have to pry me away with a crowbar lol.

9. November 8, 2011 / 3:06 AM

Another one who thought it looked similar to YHL. Sincerest form of flattery and all that, I think they could have done something different with the curtains. It’s a great use of space though, which I’m all for, and I love the chairs. Modern and fresh.