Can you change your stripes?

Can you change your stripes?
It’s no secret that gray is the go-to neutrals these days. It’s everywhere! I’d like to think I was way ahead of that trend, as I painted my bedroom gray three years ago. Hey, maybe it was ME who started that trend!  (Shhh, I know it wasn’t, just let me pretend).
So, why wasn’t this gray dresser working?  Just switching out the handles wouldn’t be enough, but you know what would do the trick?  Stripes! You know what would be even better?  Diagonal stripes!

1. October 21, 2011 / 1:55 AM

OMG This is gorgeous! Great job!

2. October 21, 2011 / 3:01 AM

I like the stripes on a biased angle. It’s refreshing. Nice clean lines too.

3. October 21, 2011 / 4:23 AM

LOVE the stripes and the colours are perfect! Such a quirky take on a painted dresser.

4. October 21, 2011 / 10:12 AM

love the side stripes, very up and coming.. so for the people who click hmmm I think they are saying yummhmmmm mmmm mmmm good.

5. October 21, 2011 / 12:12 PM

1. I’m totally glad this isn’t cheveron. I love the diagnonal stripes.
    2. I’m totally with you on being trendsetters. I painted half my house (had to based on the layout) this neutral castle gray color 4.5 years ago when we moved in (we can totally call ourselves pioneers. We’re CHIC dammit). While it’s a great color, I’m SO sick of it, and now that we’ve had an addition, I can now break up the colors a little bit, so WOO! I’m back to tan and green. It’s kind of sad just how excited I am about this.

6. October 21, 2011 / 12:41 PM

I painted my room gray (not as long ago as you, Lindsey or you, Statia- I was just copying you!) with aqua accents and made my own duvet cover cause there was nothing out there that combo. Now it’s EVERYWHERE! You try to be different…
    Julia
    PS: I like chevron, but I agree it’s being way overdone. Soon we’re going to say, “That’s soooo 2011.”

7. October 21, 2011 / 1:13 PM

We must all operate on the same wavelength because as soon as I paint something that I think is new and different, I see it everywhere. I think we must be influenced by what’s for sale at the big retail stores like Target or something. Else we all just read too many blogs? lol

8. October 21, 2011 / 11:06 PM

Now that just rocks. Great job — and I also love the fresh take on stripes.

9. October 22, 2011 / 12:44 PM

wow, how clever and talented you are! Love it!