Wack Wicker

Wack Wicker

You know how I whine a lot about never finding cool stuff at my local thrift stores?  Well, last week I went to Goodwill, and there before my eyes was a campaign style dresser and nightstand!  I couldn’t believe my luck; I never find that stuff!

I scurried as quickly as I could to get a closer look, and only then did I realize that the pieces of crap were made out of rotting wicker!  Ugh!  I have never seen such a thing as wicker campaign furniture, and never hope to again.  I went home and wallowed in bitter disappointment.  Then I looked at this fabulous campaign dresser makeover from Katie at  Wildwood Creek and jealously shook my fists at the sky while weeping.

1. September 14, 2011 / 1:49 AM

Thank you for featuring my campaign dresser, Lindsey! Love your before and after features.

2. September 14, 2011 / 2:35 AM

that’s a beautiful peacock blue!

3. September 14, 2011 / 4:03 AM

I love reading your post:) They always make me laugh. If it makes you feel any better I dont always have good luck at the thrift stores either….i guess its just our lot in life:)
    Mary

4. September 14, 2011 / 12:44 PM

I always LOL at your posts! I love your sense of humor, not to mention your taste! The after pic is fantastic!

5. September 14, 2011 / 1:03 PM

I rarely find any great furniture pieces at our thrift stores either. Could be that I don’t get there the minute the store opens-that’s when the consignment store vultures come and snatch everything up in their greedy little claws.

6. September 14, 2011 / 1:23 PM

Awe, I hate crappy thrift stores that never have treasures. Ours sometimes have something great but the minute I walk up to it, I spot the “sold” sticker. This is a beautiful piece. Lucky girl!

7. September 14, 2011 / 2:22 PM

oh i love that! and whats the deal… i NEVER find campaign furniture either! In fact, Craigs list usually has NOTHING for me around here in Utah. So sad…

8. September 14, 2011 / 3:39 PM

What a gorgeous blue! I love it!

9. September 14, 2011 / 3:40 PM

Love how the blue pulls out the blue in the stone floor and accentuates the pale blue of the walls! Way to go!